Turn on thread page Beta

I think this country is frightfully silly at times watch

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think I live in a frightfully silly country. Today I was on my way to a meeting with my personal tutor and decided to stop and buy a newspaper and grab some coffee and a cake. Anyway, after I got my Daily Mail I popped into my SU to get my coffee and cake. I chose a nice piece of Coffee Cake to go with my latte, but was most annoyed as I couldn't find a fork with which to eat my cake. I really think it's most undignified to eat with your fingers and I got all crumbs over the table and my newspaper.

When I think of the amount being pumped overseas to places like Haiti, it really annoys me when I can't have a fork with which to eat my cake.

Do you have any anecdotes of silliness within this country?

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when we get immigrents to work for little pay to help the economy grow, then have to offer them a place in the hospital when they hurt themelves!

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when I get comfortable in bed and then need a piss, FML.

ReputationRep:
    If what i've said doesn't convince you read this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ls-aged-8.html

Britain is unrecognisable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y2k1)

i hate it when, despite posessing one of the best education systems in the world, silly faggy people base their views on the state of this country on a single article in a newspaper.

I fail to see how this article represents the state of Britain today, just because some rude children from a poor area are racist to someone else.

And unless you are a creepy 50 year old person on TSR, you have not been around for long enough to make a judgment like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y2k1)

Wow, lets all base our perspectives of this country on dross from the Daily Fail shall we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    i hate it when, despite posessing one of the best education systems in the world, silly faggy people base their views on the state of this country on a single article in a newspaper.

I fail to see how this article represents the state of Britain today, just because some rude children from a poor area are racist to someone else.

And unless you are a creepy 50 year old person on TSR, you have not been around for long enough to make a judgment like that!
    Try telling that to Geert Wilders

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.