Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc91)
    see my problem is that all the medical schools have told me to go and do another degree before i reapply to medicine as my a levels are letting me down (im doing them across 3 years). i had an offer last year and right now the thought of graduate entry scares me so much and im worried they'll reject me, what with the increase in applications etc. i guess i'm just incredibly frustrated at the moment so the thought of transferring is appealing at the moment rther than longing for a medical school place for yet another 3/4 years.
    The problem with transferring is that it depends on the number of places. Although it is theoretically possible to transfer from say biomed to medicine, this can only be possible if they have one or two places, which they might not have. I agree with you, a transfer would be preferable to graduate entry but it would be a serious risk.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering this myself, and I have rung the admissions of every med school in the uk- around 40% of them will accept applications from people who started a year of another course. Some even consider it an advantage. I have a list somewhere of those who were ok with it, and if I find it will let you know.

I would advise you to ring the admisions of the uni's you're thinking of applying to just to check, but you will definitely be able to do this with a lot of them. I think this is what I will end up doing with a medicine related course while I reapply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAFUACL)
    Hi,
    I was wondering this myself, and I have rung the admissions of every med school in the uk- around 40% of them will accept applications from people who started a year of another course. Some even consider it an advantage. I have a list somewhere of those who were ok with it, and if I find it will let you know.

I would advise you to ring the admisions of the uni's you're thinking of applying to just to check, but you will definitely be able to do this with a lot of them. I think this is what I will end up doing with a medicine related course while I reapply.
    OMG please PM me :p: ! Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Please PM me too or post the list here.
    I'm curious to know what stance the different medical schools take towards this question.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

and what unis are these?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If this is true, it would be helpful if you could post a thread detailing their responses to stop people asking in the future.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.