Turn on thread page Beta

Non-conventional/typical/predictable Valentines ideas? watch

Ok so my girlfriends not the typical ''ooh I love flowers and chocolates and romantic meals by candelight'' sort of girl.
    I've got Sunday off work to do something with her but not quite sure what to do. She really doesn't want to do something boring and predictable. And wouldn't want me to spend much money on it. Just wants to 'hang out' and spend time together... but not like sitting at home doing nothing...
    She says she 'hates valentine's day' but I'm still pretty sure she wants to do something with me.

- I have a car with sat-nav
    - I have money
    - We have all day
    - I'm open to do anything
    - Has to be something not most people do
    - Can't be too extravagant or pathetically romantic

All I can think of is going to the seaside.. but it'd only be good if it was sunny and I live about 80 miles from the nearest coast... which is probably Southend :|
    And I've never driven on a motorway before...

I'm sure whatever we do I could fit in going to a restaurant for lunch or dinner but what else could we do??

ReputationRep:
    How about a fun but slightly unusual activity like horse-riding or ice-skating? Bit different to what you'd do on an average day, you'd get to spend time together and it wouldn't be too cheesey. Or you could opt for something a bit tamer like the cinema or theatre. Then you could go for lunch/dinner afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Well I haven't tried this but have a look and see what you think...

http://www.geocaching.com/

ReputationRep:
    My bf and I are going ghost hunting lol!

www.frightnights.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidi)
    Well I haven't tried this but have a look and see what you think...

http://www.geocaching.com/
    This. If you like the outdoors and it's sunny, it's a great way to spend a day in the hills but there's plenty in cities too! For a city, you might want to try a multicache? Have a browse of the website and if you have questions, feel free to pm me.

ReputationRep:
    If she says she hates Valentine's Day then she probably hates Valentine's Day and doesn't want to celebrate it.

ReputationRep:
    Book a go-karting session. If doesn't want to go, I will.

ReputationRep:
    With sat nav? How about you man up for her and use a map.

ReputationRep:
    Book a lesson doing something adventurous eg Kite surfing, paragliding, zorbing.
    I would love for my boyfriend to do this for me.

ReputationRep:
    My partner and I have much the same issue in that we both don't think Valentine's Day is a big deal, but equally we can't face the "wait, where's your partner?" sympathy interrogations from well-meaning friends. Plus we spend most weekends together anyway. So as a compromise, we're staying in, making tiramisu together, having a lot of sex and avoiding having to do anything lovey-dovey whatsoever.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Christina90)
    My bf and I are going ghost hunting lol!

www.frightnights.co.uk
    That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    With sat nav? How about you man up for her and use a map.
    2 negs for that?

woofters.

ReputationRep:
    Do a poo on her.

On a more serious note, why not just go on a road trip? Just drive

ReputationRep:
    cleveland steamer?

ReputationRep:
    uh, strip club ?
    enough said.

ReputationRep:
    pretend that you are going to sell her in exchange for a goat at your local farm.

that would be 'unconventional'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.