Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what's really annoying? When you are on a student forum dedicated to certain problems etc. and you post something that you need an answer too and no one responds. Then you look on the thread about what knickers you wear and there are 3 pages of comments?! I really needed some answers and comment and no one helped so thank you TSR!

Okay, sorry for the rant, but it just annoyed me! I suppose I can understand why people want to answer those threads more than serious ones! Not that knicker choices aren't serious! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear god, it's happened again! *facepalm* oh well!

ReputationRep:
    If you write something pointless then people aren't going to bother. If you write something "lol random" then dozens of sheep will go "LOL im random!" with you.

Also no-one is going to post if they don't know the answer or if the thread is too long.

If you post in obviously the wrong forum then forget it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't bother replying to posts that require large amounts of effort to reply to. These are usually long, ranty and/or require a lot of effort to decipher.

If you want people to reply, simplify your problems a bit!

ReputationRep:
    You should post a thread about fat Vs skinny. Poeple will respond :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    If you write something pointless then people aren't going to bother. If you write something "lol random" then dozens of sheep will go "LOL im random!" with you.

Also no-one is going to post if they don't know the answer or if the thread is too long.

If you post in obviously the wrong forum then forget it.
    It wasn't that long, it was as long as it needed to be and it was in the right fourm "apprenticeships" I know people don't want to respon to things that are long-winded, but I honestly don't think mine was.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.