Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does your school / 6th form have an honours system?

How does this work and how well do you feel it works?

Our school does and has quite an old fashioned system. In 6th form if you are awarded honours you get a different coloured blazer and tie. If you are also made a deputy head or head girl you get a different blazer as well.

School council are considering other ways this might work.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    We have sporting honours. I have full colours

ReputationRep:
    N/a.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My school never had one, but my brother's school has a system like yours...there's a tie for everything, personally I think it's a little silly, but if there's a long tradition of doing it in a school there's something a little nostalgic keeping it that way :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    My school never had one, but my brother's school has a system like yours...there's a tie for everything, personally I think it's a little silly, but if there's a long tradition of doing it in a school there's something a little nostalgic keeping it that way :giggle:
    Thats one of the arguments for the system - its always been like that.

On the other hand I just got honours at the start of this term and so had to get a new blazer and tie and cost me £65 for the blazer and £17.99 for the tie. Great incentive!

ReputationRep:
    We get a postcard sent home :teeth:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pennyhen)
    Thats one of the arguments for the system - its always been like that.

On the other hand I just got honours at the start of this term and so had to get a new blazer and tie and cost me £65 for the blazer and £17.99 for the tie. Great incentive!
    Ouch that's a lot of money :eek: and this is meant to be a reward :giggle: that system is definitely flawed

ReputationRep:
    second the postcard at secondary - very useless and random.

The rest of you go to posh places haha

My college doesn't have uniform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    We get a postcard sent home :teeth:

This. We also have something called "Praise day" in the lower school - not in the 6th form thank God - in which you basically go and talk to a senior member of staff about how lush you are.

ReputationRep:
    At the school I'm at now they have half colours and full colours for your house for great achievements in what ever.

ReputationRep:
    You still wear uniform in 6th form?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky21)
    You still wear uniform in 6th form?!
    Yes.

White shirt, tie, grey skirt, maroon blazer (was navy until got honours), black stockings, black shoes.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.