Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've just come accross this deal that Bulldog are doing for broadband. i just wanted to ask if any of you use this service and if its any good.

its 512k, but 1mb 6pm-8am and all weekends as well as all other public holidays for £25 a month - same as most 512k providers.

the price is obviously very good, but is the service any good? if you do have this service, what kind of download speeds are you getting, and whats tech help like.

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I would say you get what you pay for I know a lot of people with the smaller companies that are always having trouble.

The best place to ask would be:

www.adslguide.co.uk

Go into the chat room or forum and ask them. Tell them that Ian sent you.

ReputationRep:
    I have the 1mbit All the time package from them.... seems great so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I would say you get what you pay for I know a lot of people with the smaller companies that are always having trouble.

The best place to ask would be:

www.adslguide.co.uk

Go into the chat room or forum and ask them. Tell them that Ian sent you.
    hmmm, they have a chat forum? Thats kinda sad (says me on UKL)

ReputationRep:
    Erm yep sad it is. I have got involved in discussions about what factory the firmware of routers come out of that! It is very geeky but it is always handy to know when you have any networking problems.

ReputationRep:
    Buldog ADSL is cheap!Good Dsals and everything BUT Loads of people have problems with it. At the moment i wouldn't sign up with them.
    U can get Good adsl 512 kbps @ £22 pm
    Good isps: Nildram, Zen, Eclipse and Plusnet
    U can search google or adslguide.org.uk for more information about these isps
    Also buy a router instead of USB modem...they r much better.

ReputationRep:
    Bulldog DSL's 1mbit to 2mbit packages are based on the datastream product from BT. Basically, the quality of service you will receive is almost completely dependent on the area you are in and the exchange you are connected to. I'm on the Brixton exchange and have had no problems, downloads at 120KB/s etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Bulldog DSL's 1mbit to 2mbit packages are based on the datastream product from BT. Basically, the quality of service you will receive is almost completely dependent on the area you are in and the exchange you are connected to. I'm on the Brixton exchange and have had no problems, downloads at 120KB/s etc.
    lucky..what do you download anyways? isnt it like overkill?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.