Turn on thread page Beta

How Far Would You Go To Stay Alive? watch

• View Poll Results: So, How Far Would You Go?
    Nothing - Id Rather Die!
    10.87%
    Eat Thirty Rats
    7.07%
    Eat A Dead Mans Leg
    7.07%
    Chop Off A Limb And Eat It
    4.35%
    Press A Button, Killing A Random Person In The World
    51.09%
    Kill You Best Friend In Thier Sleep
    2.17%
    Kill You Best Friend, While They Are Awake...
    17.39%

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Bit of a situation your in.

Your on an island. You will be saved. However, how far would you go to survive?

As you go down the poll, they are suposed to increase in horror. However peoples opinions will differ.

ReputationRep:
    I'd kill everyone else just to feed myself?

ReputationRep:
    There is no poll.

ReputationRep:
    I will do whatever it takes....life is too precious a commodity to be given up so easily, afterall, people have done far worse than what is in the poll to stay alive

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure cutting off your own limb isn't going to prolong your life

ReputationRep:
    Lets all be honest, you would kill anyone bar immediate family.

Edit* For fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    I will do whatever it takes....life is too precious a commodity to be given up so easily, afterall, people have done far worse than what is in the poll to stay alive
    Ah, but is your life worth giving up someone elses if its so precious?
    People have done ALOT worse, but id thougth id at least try to keep it tastfull.
    Somehow "pick off your freinds one by one with your shoelaces and eat them" wouldnt atract to many votes haha

ReputationRep:
    my best friend and i have made a deal that if ever a situation arises in which we are stranded at sea/lost in the desert/lost in the rainforest or something, and the other died, we have permission to eat them in order to stay alive

she's the best

ReputationRep:
    I went for push a button.

I'd easily do that rather than chop off a limb. I wouldn't chop off a limb. I definitely wouldn't kill my friend.

So I'd do the top three and then push the button.

Although I haven't seen that film about the people with the button that kills someone random in the world yet, but the trailer made it look like **** gets pretty ****** up when you press it.

ReputationRep:
    Press A Button, Killing A Random Person In The World - Couldn't that just kill yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'd eat a dead man's leg, provided he were freshly dead and I didn't kill him.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't think your life isn't more important than anyone else, there is no point living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexper)
    Press A Button, Killing A Random Person In The World - Couldn't that just kill yourself?
    Possably. But with those odds I wouldnt be too worried.

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to a life or death situation, it's peoples' nature to become completely selfish. No matter how 'moral' you think you are it is our instinct to make sure we survive and no to care for anyone else (apart from maybe loved ones).

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty ******* unlikely if it's a random person in the world. It's the safest option on the poll.

ReputationRep:
    Of course but I'd happily take odd on 6 billion to 1.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it's a 1 in 6 billion chance...

I picked hit the button.

ReputationRep:
    Press a button!!
    it's clearly the best option whats wrong with the OP?
    Bloody hell if I had that button here with me now I'd press it - just for fun.

ReputationRep:
    The only one I would do is Press A Button, Killing A Random Person In The World.

How is cutting off my own limbs and eating them better for me than the button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)
    Press a button!!
    it's clearly the best option whats wrong with the OP?
    Bloody hell if I had that button here with me now I'd press it - just for fun.
    Fair enough, Your opinion. It does seem a popular option, but not the only one people are going for, so I belive the poll i still valid.
    Although I should have added a more seriouse one after "kill a friend"

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.