Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Far Would You Go To Stay Alive? Watch

• View Poll Results: So, How Far Would You Go?
    Nothing - Id Rather Die!
    10.87%
    Eat Thirty Rats
    7.07%
    Eat A Dead Mans Leg
    7.07%
    Chop Off A Limb And Eat It
    4.35%
    Press A Button, Killing A Random Person In The World
    51.09%
    Kill You Best Friend In Thier Sleep
    2.17%
    Kill You Best Friend, While They Are Awake...
    17.39%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    Erm..i heard rats taste like pork. Not that i know or taste but eating rats all in one go or...day by day, i'd probably puke just eating one.
    How about a dead means leg? Mmmmm.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that I'd have no problem eating the dead man's leg AS LONG as it was cooked beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)
    Bloody hell if I had that button here with me now I'd press it - just for fun.
    It's been done.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

(Original post by Accalia)
    Is it strange that I'd have no problem eating the dead man's leg AS LONG as it was cooked beforehand?

Erm I would find myself scared to be near you incase you have a rage tantrum and eat my leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Island = middle of the ocean)

I would go fishing

ReputationRep:
    New option:

How far into Slough would you go (metres) to stay alive?

ReputationRep:
    I'd rater die.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Its thought provoking and better than most the threads runing at the moment - eg "anyone else envy fat people" and "board of haiti"

Becides, no one is forcing you to be on this thread.
    lmao, while those are terrible threads, the poll on this is quite poor and noone is really qualified to comment until theyv been in the situation.

yes i AM being forced to be in this thread. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know. But I'm a selfish ***** so probably I would kill and eat all my friends
    ...rats are good too!

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I am surprised.

I wonder how many in China, Germany, France, Russia, Japan, India etc would go for the button option, or it is like this only in countries like US and UK?

ReputationRep:
    I would never sacrifice someone else's life for my own. What a horrible thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    That many people would kill a random person in the world? That is SCARY! (i would go so far as cannibalism, but not so far to chop off limbs)

ReputationRep:
    I've always said, if someone had died (i would NEVER kill anyone, they'd have to be dead first) and the only way for me to survive would be to eat the body, I would.

ReputationRep:
    I picked 'Press A button, killing a random person in the World'.

Although, the whole concept of pressing a button to kill a random person, sounds very similar to the plot of 'The Box'.

According to the film, doing so will cause dire consequences in the future.

I'm not aware of those consequences at the moment, as I haven't seen the film, but I assume that they're very dire, indeed.

But, honestly, the majority of the other options would result in your death anyway, especially as you are on a deserted Island with no hope of medical aid; eating one of your limbs would certainly not provide much sustinence, in fact it would cause massive blood loss, and you would probably die of a heart-attack soon after brought on by shock.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i could do any of them. :/
    it's kinda scary that so many of you guys are willing to kill a random person so that you can live tbh! what makes your life more important than theres?! what if somebody else in the world took that option, and the random person happened to be your mum? i don't even like thinking about choosing my life over somebody elses, and i have a super phobia of dying. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    :laugh: how the hell dose that even come up in a convosation??
    LOL basically we were in a law lesson and our teacher was telling us about this case where these 3 guys were stranded and decided to eat the weakest, the cleaner boy person and they were charged with murder even though they were desperate blah blah
    and she asked me if she could eat me if that ever happened to us, and i was like SUUURE YEAHHH i'd taste really nice, like jelly tots and kfc and i told her it was only fair if i ate her too!

and thats how it happened
    try it, make a deal with someone so you have like back up incase something happens, a kind of insurance you gemme

ReputationRep:
    I would do the button but I wouldn't chop off my own limb. So that means I can only go as far as eating dead mans leg, then skip a few and the press the button (not that I would want to kill anyone but I guess if I didn't know who it was and it was just literally pressing a button with me not actually witnessing the consequences of that button press and it saved my life, maybe I would do it)

ReputationRep:
    Depends what mood I was in tbh.

ReputationRep:
    kill a button anywhere in the world is my choice, it's the easiest and quickest option.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.