Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im really bored of hearing about Haiti. I mean I can understand that its a tradegy etc etc, its all very sad..

BUT its been hogging our news programmes and news papers for what seems like forever now.

Why do you think when things like this happen the media seems to run with it and go into over-drive?

Wouldnt this attention and money be better spent on problems our own country has to deal with such as teenage pregnancy, homelessness, drugs and poverty ? (to name a few)

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Blinkers..]

BUT its been hogging our news programmes and news papers for what seems like forever now.

QUOTE]

how very selfish of it
    it should be ashamed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blinkers..)
    Im really bored of hearing about Haiti. I mean I can understand that its a tradegy etc etc, its all very sad..

Why do you think when things like this happen the media seems to run with it and go into over-drive?

Wouldnt this attention and money be better spent on problems our own country has to deal with such as teenage pregnancy, homelessness, drugs and poverty ? (to name a few)
    LOL, none of those are life threatening in the UK! :mad: They are all quality of life issues.

ReputationRep:
    Shut

ReputationRep:
    Up

ReputationRep:
    I bet the people of Haiti are really bored of it too... if only it could come up with some exciting news like "teenage pregnancy" *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    ahh quote fail

ReputationRep:

BREAKING NEWS

Still lots of homeless people.
    Chav girls still getting knocked up.
    Drugs are still illegal.
    People still aren't really that poor here.

Now the weather.

Still cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    I bet the people of Haiti are really bored of it too... if only it could come up with some exciting news like "teenage pregnancy" *rolls eyes*
    How is teenage pregnancy news? I know a teenager who gave birth, she never made it onto news. Or am I mising something?

ReputationRep:

Teenage pregnancy? :rofl: They bring it on themselves and they're mostly chavs.

ReputationRep:
    haiti is bored of you.

Imagine if your family died whilst on holiday there? Or if they survived with injuries and didn't have any money/food to come back to the UK. Would you forget about it after 3-4 of weeks? If your answer is no, then stfu.

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's not been in the news that much. Sure, it's had heavy coverage but every other news story is not Haiti.

I would have expected it to have much more coverage that it has had.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh we should revert back to the weekly kids getting molested and killed by other kids and knife crime,you have a point...

ReputationRep:
    Idiot

ReputationRep:
    I agree OP that homlesness is life threatening and is a problem. As is poverty in this country however It's not been getting that much coverage really. It's easy to sit there and say when you're not living in Haiti, having to deal with family members and friends being killed. To sum up - don't be such an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    In a way you are right OP, however it is "normal" since there were around 100,000 victims. Just imagine one second that a member of your family died there, you would not like their memory to be washed away so quickly.
    However, medias sometimes exagerate: for the 11/09, there were around 2-3000 of deaths, and still you could see it on tv, in newspapers, etc. for more than months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    How is teenage pregnancy news? I know a teenager who gave birth, she never made it onto news. Or am I mising something?
    I was quoting the first post.... they seemed to think this was top news...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.