The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Blinkers..
Im really bored of hearing about Haiti. I mean I can understand that its a tradegy etc etc, its all very sad..

BUT its been hogging our news programmes and news papers for what seems like forever now.

how selfish of them! and to think- we could be hearing about katie price's divorce day in, day out and instead we're being forced to listen to the horrific stories of thousands dying and having to flee for their lives.

i'm so glad we have human beings like you- you seem a valuable contribution to society :shifty:
don't like it? TURN OFF THE TV.
Blinkers..
Im really bored of hearing about Haiti. I mean I can understand that its a tradegy etc etc, its all very sad..

BUT its been hogging our news programmes and news papers for what seems like forever now.

Why do you think when things like this happen the media seems to run with it and go into over-drive?

Wouldnt this attention and money be better spent on problems our own country has to deal with such as teenage pregnancy, homelessness, drugs and poverty ? (to name a few)

Oh no, poor us sitting at home having to watch starved black people trying to fix their broken homes and cities, when we could be watching a documentary about British teenage pregancies instead.

w.t.f.

Yes we have issues here in the UK which need to be addressed, and yes maybe there has been A LOT of news coverage on the earthquake, but seriously, grow the **** up and think about it. You want something as massive and destructive as the Hati earthquake not to be shown because it's 'boring' you? That's disgusting.

These people have lost everything. Everything. Chavs getting knocked up don't even register in my mind when I think about those poor people in Hati. Have a heart, God damn.
Blinkers..

Why do you think when things like this happen the media seems to run with it and go into over-drive?

Wouldnt this attention and money be better spent on problems our own country has to deal with such as teenage pregnancy, homelessness, drugs and poverty ? (to name a few)

Haiti is bored of poverty, child mortality and homelessness... We can't all have we want in life, eh... :rolleyes:
The Haitians are probably really bored of it too...
How incredibly stupid of you.
OP you dumb. Why don't I throw a hurricane over your way so that it bashes down your house, and see how you like it?
Reply 26
its not supposed to be exciting you
Reply 27
It's not in the news that much at all. :s-smilie:
Reply 28
What a nob
Someone's inconsiderate, if what happened their happened here would you like someone from another country to be like "Why are they talking about this change the channel, teen pregnancy again more free baby homes":rolleyes:

The news spent forever talking about snow in the last two months, lets hear about ice and water than people who are dying in collapsed buildings.
Blinkers..

The notion of humanitarianism does not have borders. Just because we have problems here doesn't mean we shouldn't help those in less economically developed countries, as well.
Reply 31
It's harsh, but it's true. I mean three different charity songs? Seriously?
I'm getting a bit bored of it too to be honest.
Well it wasnt ever meant to be entertaining as such...

Latest

Trending

Trending