Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend is soooo skinny! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is really skinny. He generally only eats either breakfast or lunch which will be like a small sandwich and for tea he has a small meal. It would be fine if he were short but he is about 6 foot 4 and he is constantly tired and down. He says his heavy work load at uni is preventing him from eating but no matter how many times i try and make him have something else to eat he says it makes him feel sick. I understand he might feel sick because his stomach has shrunk and he isn't used to eating enough but if he continues to eat he will slowly get used to it. I have suggested having small meals six times a day to get him used to eating. Has anyone else got ideas on how i can make him eat more, its worrying me that he might get signs of malnutrition soon, such as his eye falling out and long term damage on his bones. (he already suffers aches and pains).

ReputationRep:
    Make him excercise more

ReputationRep:
    Give him some cake.

ReputationRep:
    ....Eyes falling out?! Get him to see a dietician.

ReputationRep:
    Say "If you dont eat, you dont get pussy". He WILL eat.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem when I was younger (I'm 6ft3 ish) and weighed about 7 stone!

The best way to make him eat more is to make him believe its him that wants to do it and not you telling him. The more you tell him to, the less he'll want to. The more you eat around him, the more he'll want to eat.

If that doesn't work, you can use your 'powers' as a girlfriend to make him eat more, though obviously getting him to do it on his own is much better long-term.

Simplez.

ReputationRep:
    Aww I love skinny guys mhmm

ReputationRep:
    haha, when i said eyes i meant hair haha! sorry,

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to man up

ReputationRep:
    Get naked and cover yourself in full fat whipped cream, strawberry sauce and cake on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think you should consult him and talk through the dangers of under-eating with him and th-- WAIT HIS EYE FELL OUT?!? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    Tell him to man up
    This; and go to the gym!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get this attitude....I am literally starving every 3 hours and need a meal........I wake up in the morning starving. Surely he must know he's a twig and falling to pieces and should force himself to eat.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe start with suggesting 3/4 small meals a day instead of SIX!! Also, get him a cool eye patch. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlesoup)
    My boyfriend is really skinny. He generally only eats either breakfast or lunch which will be like a small sandwich and for tea he has a small meal. It would be fine if he were short but he is about 6 foot 4 and he is constantly tired and down. He says his heavy work load at uni is preventing him from eating but no matter how many times i try and make him have something else to eat he says it makes him feel sick. I understand he might feel sick because his stomach has shrunk and he isn't used to eating enough but if he continues to eat he will slowly get used to it. I have suggested having small meals six times a day to get him used to eating. Has anyone else got ideas on how i can make him eat more, its worrying me that he might get signs of malnutrition soon, such as his eye falling out and long term damage on his bones. (he already suffers aches and pains).
    hahaha

im still laughing at that.

you get pos-rep for making that post worth reading.

ReputationRep:
    Let him eat his favourite food, not too much, hopefully the sugar and junk craving will get up but then again that isn't no healthly way to get the starve back. I'm skinny myself, well i was shocked that i lost 10lbs muscle/fat with christmas university load during dec and jan. I slowly aimed myself from a 1200 calories to 3200, honestly it was hard at first, feeling the urge to literally puke but i just kept eating. You could say binge eating but healthly. With couple days, he should get use to it. course, mines more dramatic but slow progression is a start.

No, six is too much to start with and he's just going to throw it up as his stomach isn't used to so much food. Tell him to increase his food intake slowly, so that he can keep it down. e.g. he could have a breakfast, tea and dinner (small meals) and then increase it couple of days later to breakfast, lunch, tea dinner and so on.

Plus, don't worry about his eyes; they wont fall out because of malnutrition :p:

ReputationRep:
    Call his mum

ReputationRep:
    How Skinny we talkin?

O
    |_ - Like thick skinny?

O
    ||_ - or double line skinny?

Wait, what?

ReputationRep:
    Put this in fitness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.