What if... Watch

This discussion is closed.
thebadboy2k1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chazzinio)
id probs run away. its dif if you go to a private skool like me bcoz my family have spent 10's of thousands on my education, so there is the money factor aswell which = extra pressure. its worse because we are not rich either like many who go to private skools.
agreed i feel ur pain. i'd probs do the same as i'm the in same situation. but D's, E's etc?! unlikely!
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, funnily enough, two of my closest friends have already decided on lying to their parents about the results...but here's the catch; their parents are really bossy and strict, so they're going to tell them they have got Cs, Ds, and Es, and watch them struggle to hold in their annoyance and dissapointment for like a week or so, before telling them their real results!! lol. Genius.

I don't know what I'd do, I'd have to stew over it for a while on my own first and then decide...
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lollie)
what grades do you want?
well to go to my desired sixthform i need 6 A's :eek: and some A*s inc the subject choices
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
well to go to my desired sixthform i need 6 A's :eek: and some A*s inc the subject choices
:eek: 6 As as well as A*s in the subjects you want to study? That's really high! I only needed 6 Cs including the subjects I wanted to study, except French which had to be a B. Is the school you're hoping to go to private/a grammar?
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
:eek: 6 As as well as A*s in the subjects you want to study? That's really high! I only needed 6 Cs including the subjects I wanted to study, except French which had to be a B. Is the school you're hoping to go to private/a grammar?
In my school is the same you need 6 passes and are usually only allowed choices if you get a B in the particular subject (sociology - need a B in English language) xoxo
anon53
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Tammygirl - Can you explain what you mean when you say ''you're only allowed choices if you get a B in the subject you which to stuy''. That statement seeems rather confusing - at my school everyone has a choice about which subjects to study.
WantA*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I f**ked up GCSE's i'd go home and OD on cocaine - just kidding i'd try harder for a-levels, and this time acctually revise! NEVER GIVE UP!
hypomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Markus)
Ja ja but eventually if you kept on getting Ds, Es and Fs your motivation would be crushed by a multitude of "congratulations on your F in maths" certificate from OCR :rolleyes:

There are only so many times one can stop their motivation from falling.
I'd work harder and even get private tutors to get the best grades I can.
GCSEs aren't that hard to get at least Bs in, imo.
hypomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shauncouldstone)
Tammygirl - Can you explain what you mean when you say ''you're only allowed choices if you get a B in the subject you which to stuy''. That statement seeems rather confusing - at my school everyone has a choice about which subjects to study.
"Choices" could have meant "subject choices".

So you're only allowed your subject choices if you get a B in that subject.

SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Grammar *fingers crossed*
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Grammar *fingers crossed*
Good luck!
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks!
Good luck too with getting your results
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks!
Good luck too with getting your results
Thanks I know I'm lucky that I get mine a week before you, but it's still going really slowly!
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Thanks I know I'm lucky that I get mine a week before you, but it's still going really slowly!
If you have any exams on edexcel i think you can get your results early, if you contact them and give them your cand number etc etc...providing its been marked obviously.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gordon2002)
get pissed first, then tell them

or

I told my parents about my results, but they have never actually seen the results on paper or certificate (they have never asked to see them). You could lie, I supose your results are confidential.
you see i could lie, but then when i dont go to school in sept coz i have no place i think my mom might pick up on it lol
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh i need A's in the core's then A's in the subjects i wanna do, and if you wanna do maths you have to have A* coz comp is high as like all of set1 usually get A* (cept for me this yr lol)
hatty341
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
like others, i will cry and cry and cry.... hope that doesnt happen to anyone on TSR, or any of my mates.
ob2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont kno what i wud do. its to scary to think of.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i've soo have the bad results dream too many times and it gets realler (u no wot i mean) every time, its so scary i actually woke up crying still thinkin it was real one time, it is so bad, i was in that not total awake stage it was soo scary
*Tears and Butterflies*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
i've soo have the bad results dream too many times and it gets realler (u no wot i mean) every time, its so scary i actually woke up crying still thinkin it was real one time, it is so bad, i was in that not total awake stage it was soo scary
My sister had a dream like that last night, in most subjects she had done so badly they didnt even bother to write U on the paper, n all her teachers were saying that she could have done well but she had let herself down, she woke up nearly crying! hehehe. :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1373)
79.55%
Leave (353)
20.45%

Watched Threads