Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Which program would the best for an international student ?
    Has anyone been to one of them ? How was it ?
    Are all the the college preparation workshops (non-credit) at Harvard efficient ?
    I'm very interested in Astronomy, which place is the best one to study Astronomy ? How are the observatories there ?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to attend summer school at these unis anyway??? Is it to aid with your application???If that is the case then i suggest you save your time and money for something else as it is just not worth it. A fiend of mine attended stanford summer school. Did well in school and co-cirriculars but was rejected from stanford like hell. There are more productive ways to spend the summer.

That said if you still want to do it, then i have heard great things about stanford SS( from the same friend ofcourse). Loads to learn, lots to do and great people to meet!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your answer
    I applied to these programs because i think it may be a good first university experience and that these college prep programs were really adapted.
    I know there are much more prestigious program (SSP, RSI, MITES) but I believe they are too difficult to get in for me.

ReputationRep:
    Harvard. My friend spent 10th grade winter break there. Basically just took introductory economics courses and when my friend came back to school, she basically knew all there was to know about International baccalaureate micro and macroeconomics.
    And IMO harvard is a better school Although Stanford's west coast geography might be better for observatories? (not sure)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.