Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alright

I see this girl who walks the same route as me to work every now and again

We say hi rarely, maybe twice i said hi

We dont know each other and as she walks with one of her colleagues occasionally i cant just walk beside her and start a conversation

As i see her for literally 3 mins -

If i get to know her for 3 mins each day i'll be old by the time i can ask her out

so i was thinking of telling her i'd like the opportunity to get to know her a bit better as i like her and then invite her to a very informal lunch later in the week

i'm not technically asking her out on a proper date, just a place where we can sit and chat and get to know each other a bit and build from there

this is hard work as usual

any other tips on how to approach the lady?

ReputationRep:
    "hey would you like to go grab lunch/coffee tomorrow?"

i don't see the need to over complicate things :/

ReputationRep:
    Balaclava, wood-axe, black van.

All you shall ever need my friend...

P.S I would approach the lady from her blind spot, try to make it on a day when she's not walking with her colleague as this could make things difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Just spit it out one day in your allotted 3 minutes.

Like you say, be casual, you just want to get to know her better is all. Good luck :top:

ReputationRep:
    i'll try
    gonna be hard though

ReputationRep:
    Don't make it a big deal, just ask her casually. Keep it simple, keep it smooth, and if she says no/she's busy then react sincerely, smile and say it's no problem. If she says yes, react sincerely, smile and try not to show your excitement...play it cool!

After attempt:
    If she had said no, whenever you see her greet her the way you have done so far...it shows you didn't have an agenda and wern't too bothered about her declining.
    If she had said yes, then ofcourse prepare to take her to lunch. Relax, take it slow and let the good times role :cool:

Important rule, always leave them wanting more...don't give too much too soon, by the end of it you've got to make her want to have more lunches. Once you get to that stage, you're in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    "hey would you like to go grab lunch/coffee tomorrow?"

i don't see the need to over complicate things :/
    :ditto: Doesn't seem like a particularly tricky problem

ReputationRep:
    cool
    cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    having spoken to her today i didnt ask as she was a bit chavvy

but i might do sometime
    she was bit of a let down
    still hot though but probably a bit to dumb for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigShoes)
    having spoken to her today i didnt ask as she was a bit chavvy

but i might do sometime
    she was bit of a let down
    still hot though but probably a bit to dumb for me
    Well that's nice.

ReputationRep:
    well we all have standards
    also i heard her telling her mate she has had 2 boyfriends since mid jan

so erm i guess she wouldnt want something for more than 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigShoes)
    well we all have standards
    also i heard her telling her mate she has had 2 boyfriends since mid jan

so erm i guess she wouldnt want something for more than 2 weeks
    You don't know that that is true though, just because someone said it, and you don't know why she's had two boyfriends since mid January either. (if that is the case)

Seems a bit "harsh" to write her off just because of one day where she seemed different, from something you've heard someone say, and because of her being "dumb" anyway. :p:

Should ask her out to lunch and get to know her yourself, rather than form your opinion of her from others/3 minute conversations.

ReputationRep:
    I know you've tried asking already but screw lunch its such a cliche and everyone knows it even her its got to be one of the worst ways to approach someone because they instantly know you like them. Before asking someone to spend their own time with you, you need to have a common ground, first contact should be something like i've seen you a few times on this route where do you work or whatever and when she asks you the same just say something like "If i told you i'd have to kill you" just something ok maybe cheesy but that doesn't matter, the key here is building something up and getting her to remember you and not be freaked out by you approaching her.

The next few days when she has seen you a bit more start being a little flirty and cheeky you can say something sarcasticly like "Hey wow well fancy seeing you here" its funny and in a way a little mysterious but more than anything get her thinking about you. After that providing she seems interested you can maybe get her number or move onto asking her out for lunch, just keep things very casual and don't take it too seriously and who knows where it can lead.

ReputationRep:
    ok cool
    i guess i was a bit to quick to dismiss her
    will chat a bit more tomorrow now the ice is broken

but i dont want to get to caught up on one girl so i'm on the look out for other potential dares too

ReputationRep:
    Thats good thinking, if your gut tells you she isn't what your looking for then she probably isn't. But still keep going with her, being able to talk confidently with a good looking girl does wonders for your confidence. If you can approach her and get on good terms you will be able to approach anyone and do the same.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.