The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
All you can do is tell her how you feel and see how it turns out. I haven't had any luck with people changing their minds, but I've seen it happen.
Riderz
Why is it a bad idea? Its possible, and if you like the girl worth the gamble. I have gotten out of the friendzone once or twice and both times it was worth it. Still friends with them both, but occasionally we have/have had sex.

OP; you just have to say it straight. I like you as more than a friend. And see what she does. Might take her a while to digest that info, but give her time and let her come to you.

personally relationships always end terribly for me. and i would never want to ruin a friendship forever so i could have several months of a relationship.
Reply 22
didgeridoo12uk
personally relationships always end terribly for me. and i would never want to ruin a friendship forever so i could have several months of a relationship.

Thats just you then! Im good mates with both my ex's and out of the people ive slept with there is only one who doesnt talk to me on a regular basis. That was a daft one night stand I didnt want, where she was hammered and I was sober. Yuck.
Whack out your dick, you will soon know whether she wants you.
A_master
Is it just me or did this user just describe the friend zone after denying she has one? :rofl:

Also OP, you don't.

That's not a friend zone. Surely there are people you come across that you are not attracted to right?
I agree with Didge. Not worth the risk. I'm friends with a few of my exs, but there's been 1 good friend who I lost after we broke up (she wanted to break up and stay friends. I said okay. Then she got really awkward so the friendship took a dive). There's no 100% guarenteed way to stay friends with exs.

If you think it's worth the risk, then tell her your feelings. There is no 'getting out of the friend zone', she either likes you in that way or doesn't.
Reply 26
tinytinygirl
That's not a friend zone. Surely there are people you come across that you are not attracted to right?

Spoiler

The point you missed is the girl is probably oblivious to him liking her in that way. Just because one party is not attracted to the other does not mean the opposite is completely and always true.

Thus a friend zone arises :wink:
Reply 27
I've been in this situation, It's not nice to be in.

I crushed on a girl for most of high school. For the first 5 years we were pretty much best friends. She found out i liked her once and pretty much just blanked me for a while untill the awkwardness was over ( we were still pretty young at this time though).

Pretty much everytime i tried to get out of the so called 'Friend-zone' nothing further happened and our friendship just ended up on the rocks.

In the end i accepted that i'd never get with her and moved on (I now have a long term girlfriend who i love) since then we've both changed a bit and me and her arn't so close anymore.
Every now and then i wish i might have tried a bit harder to make something happen, but i know she didn't feel that way towards me and i don't think anything i could have done would have changed that.

I think the best thing to do is just try not to do anything rash, try to let her know you like her that way but don't be too obvious about it, with any luck her feelings for you will develop and you can sail towards the sun-set together. If nothing happens i'd put her behind you and just enjoy her as a friend. Not what you want to hear i know but that's just the way it is sometimes :/

HEART FELT STORY RIGHT THERE. SHAZAAAM :top2:
didgeridoo12uk

instead learn how to not be put into the friendzone

Time travel solutions are always the best....

Real answer: Get drunk then make a move if she replies the same then tis all good if she replies "WTF you doing dawg??!!?" then you can blames alcohols...
to get out of the friendzone.. do something new with her, something that you don't normally do.
or... you could tell her how you feel...
Reply 30
http://xkcd.com/513/

Or just tell her how you feel?
Reply 31
tinytinygirl
I'm a girl and I don't have a friend zone as such. I have boys who I'm friends with that I don't fancy at all, it's completely different, as there's just a lack of attraction. It's not the same with everyone.

Just slip in a sneaky question about if she likes someone maybe?

Still counts as the "friend zone" because you only see them as a friend/s, nothing more (due to the "lack of attraction).
Reply 32
You can't get out of the friend zone...
Why don't you jokingly say 'imagine if we both became boyfriend and girlfriend' or say 'x,y,z person said that we would make a great couple and I lol'ed', and see how she reacts.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 34
stand at their window naked, with your thumbs up
Reply 35
I'll have a crack at it. But, as said, not being in the friend zone would make life a lot easier.

This might work, I used this tactic once when breaking up a couple for my own personal benefit (bastard I know, learnt my lesson from it aswell... bitch, but thats a different story). You have to mix the girls emotions, confuse her and make her miss you in a way. Be really chumy with her, prove your worth, flirt, do what you do when you first meet someone and tease. Then for 2 weeks - be aloof. Be busy outside of school and speak to others in school, loose touch a bit. After 2 weeks or so when she texts you saying 'whats up?' or something to that effect, just say 'really sorry been busy, do you want to meet up?' In this time hopefully she would have missed you, bitched about you (caring way more than hate) to her friends and realised how much she needs you. After this sweep her off her feet - meal be the gentleman etc...

I think this would be the best chance you have. But it normally helps when the girl has a boyfriend. As the boyfriend will get annoyed at the girl for at first seeing you so much and then again for being down about not seeing you. Which would cause her to think 'my boyfriend is being a dick and I've lost someone who was really cool and cared... hmmm...'

Give it a shot, the worst that can happen is that you'll still be friends.

EDIT: Reading back on it, I don't like myself much and the chances would still be slim, the friend trap is a horrid thing. Its worse than walking in on your parents doing the wild thing.
3 0zs of C4

Latest

Trending

Trending