Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Why are you so convinced B couldn't have done it? You sound a bit naive. Murderers don't have sneaky walks and creepy eyes you know. You should tell the truth, but calling C up and trying to change his mind is just idiotic especially if he actually has evidence.
    Of course she's going to tell the truth. The truth for her will probably be that she doesn't believe B could have committed this crime based on his general personality and his behaviour that day.
    That's what the court will be expecting to hear. If she's not an eyewitness or critical witness, then that's fine.
    That's not naive at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    LOL at the whole thread!
    You obviously weren't present at the killing so how can you be a 'witness', other than to provide hearsay character evidence?
    'LOL at the whole thread'? What is wrong with you? :|

OP, this is such a horrible situation to be in. And i wish i could give advice. I think nearly everyone goes through this when in a similar situation, they feel guilty and that. I think the only way to help yourself is to try and distract yourself, take up something new, giving yourself a change in life you should help you. And in time, you'll just learn to get over it (:
    I think you just need to get through this case, don't feel as if you have a huge responsibility, you haven't. Try and disucss things with your parents,they should see what your going through and help you. When you tell people how you feel and that, you feel so much better straight away. (:
    Sorry i can't give much good advice, but your just going to have to try and cope i'm afraid. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Of course she's going to tell the truth. The truth for her will probably be that she doesn't believe B could have committed this crime based on his general personality and his behaviour that day.
    That's what the court will be expecting to hear. If she's not an eyewitness or critical witness, then that's fine.
    That's not naive at all.
    By truth I meant what she thinks is the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Something similar happened to someone I know a few years back and despite zero evidence against them at least they had no DNA evidence or witnesses they convicted the eprson because they left town the same day the person died last minute notice and such, and they had a cut on their arm which was claimed to be from victim and despite 3 different doctors saying it wasnt a human scratch it was still used in court.

It doesnt matter if they did or didnt do it, what matters is if the evidence can be made to show they did more than they didnt.

ReputationRep:
    I think these guys need to stop commenting on this thread, the majority of the males posting on the first page seem to be of the emotionally deficient kind.
    OP...i can't say I know how you feel coz I've never had to go through anything like that, not at all, but I can understand feeling guilty for being alive when someone you love dies. Its okay.
    Have you tried confiding in any one, not over the internet? Like a counsellor or just someone who wont judge, bottling things up would help maybe>
    With the trial, try to see where C is coming from, he/she is probably hurt like you but maybe you know has a greater need for there to be someone who is responsible for what happened. Some people are like that, although I dont know whether or not he is right and B is guilty, but still maybe seeing things that way will make things make more sense..
    Just turn up to the hearing and do what you have to, it ll be hard, but tell the truth thats the best thing you can do for your two friends. I feel for you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username1)
    Like Ilys said. Me and C spent the day of the murder with both of them. (And if I had actually seen B kill A then I would not be a very good defence witness and also in extreme denial.)

I don't go to church any more because everyone there is as disapproving about it as my parents, so that means a lot to me: thank you.
    I'm really sorry about your parents and church people and stuff...they really ought to be ashamed of themselves. You clearly need the help and support of your family and friends at this time and for them to turn their back on you is unforgivable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    By truth I meant what she thinks is the truth.
    Oh. Well I expect she was going to tell the truth anyway. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    OP, I'm sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm thinking there must be some evidence to prove that B did it, otherwise why is he being prosecuted? And why has C suddenly turned on B - did they see it or something :confused:
    If you truly believe B didn't do it, then good on you for being a loyal friend and supporting him through this difficult time.
    Thank you. I think C saw a situation which led up to A being sick, and his evidence says it was B's fault A was sick. I think that's why C thinks B's guilty. Me and C haven't discussed it. We're not allowed to, anyway.

(Original post by O-Ren)
    You should tell the truth, but calling C up and trying to change his mind is just idiotic especially if he actually has evidence.
    I agree that would be idiotic. I want to talk to him as a friend - not change his mind - but just talking is hard, because of the fact we've been called for opposing sides of the case.

(Original post by missbrowneyes)
    I think these guys need to stop commenting on this thread, the majority of the males posting on the first page seem to be of the emotionally deficient kind.
    OP...i can't say I know how you feel coz I've never had to go through anything like that, not at all, but I can understand feeling guilty for being alive when someone you love dies. Its okay.
    Have you tried confiding in any one, not over the internet? Like a counsellor or just someone who wont judge, bottling things up would help maybe>
    With the trial, try to see where C is coming from, he/she is probably hurt like you but maybe you know has a greater need for there to be someone who is responsible for what happened. Some people are like that, although I dont know whether or not he is right and B is guilty, but still maybe seeing things that way will make things make more sense..
    Just turn up to the hearing and do what you have to, it ll be hard, but tell the truth thats the best thing you can do for your two friends. I feel for you so much.
    I haven't tried talking to anyone, there's no one I can think of to talk to, but I can't imagine it anyway because I'm the one who's come out best from this: I'm alive and free and I don't feel I have any right to have anything to need counselling about because there's my whole life lying ahead of me and there's no chance I'm going to be spending it in jail. I know situations like this can mess people up, but now I'm in a situation it's hard to believe it.

Everyone who's given kind words: thank you - I really appreciate it. I really do. I don't know how to express it any better but I want you to know I'm grateful.

ReputationRep:
    B is accused and stands at innocent until proven guilty. If all his friends and people close to him abandon him hows that going to make him feel.

Tell your mate not to abandom B, as he'll need all the friends and support he can get.

As for "C" thinking B is guilty, they can't know that for sure. Tell them to wind their neck in and try being a better friend, or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I DID IT....I was also the lone gunman on the grassy knoll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    LOL at the whole thread!
    You obviously weren't present at the killing so how can you be a 'witness', other than to provide hearsay character evidence?
    Character witness you fool. It's common enough.

ReputationRep:
    Tell B not to drop the soap.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.