Turn on thread page Beta

Russia watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    to what extent was change in russia in the period of 1855-1964 due to the involvment of war?

realy neeed help!! x

ReputationRep:
    what have you got so far?

Show us your plan and I'm sure someone will help.

ReputationRep:
    Try Wikipedia. It's the source of all knowledge!

ReputationRep:
    ive tried to do the essay 3 times and all been awful

he wants me to tell him, how change came about with war!

how came change about without war

but doesnt want me to describe what happend, he wants to know WHY CHANGE happend?

i just dont know what a good struture to do, and im really stuck, i got a B last year as AS and i dont want to mess things up this time.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is because you need to be evaluative and not descriptive. You do need some description I got told though as long as you then analyse this.

Have you said how military conflicts such as the Ruso-Japanese war caused public outrage at people beaten by 'an inferior race' and this was a short term event in the lead up to the 1905 revolution?

What about how the two world wars changed Russia. Both are very important in bringing about change.

You need to consider economic reasons, so things like the Five Year Plans, Collectivistion, Witte's polices and Stolypin's reforms.

There is loads you could talk about easily and you just need to link and evaluate if it was to do with the wars.

For example, the 5YP's were partially aimed at building up arms. This had changed as the Communists wanted to show the world that Communism could work and to protect themselves from foreign powers who were anti-communist.

ReputationRep:
    thats great thanks, i did mention all of these but som how it was rubbish?

can you tell me what is a good structure to put them in please, would be much appreciated!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it fits within the timeframe but the emancipation of the serfs was also a big change for russia during the rule of Alexander II

ReputationRep:
    yes that is. anything between 1855-1964

ReputationRep:
    thats a huge timescale for an essay, is it coursework?
    Everything that has been stated above should be thrown in, its what i would add.

But don't use wikipedia, my lecturer screams if she finds out any of us have used wikipedia, its so rubbish for knowledge for A levels onwards.
    I'd get out of that mind set before you get to degree level or you'll struggle, spartacus.com is a good site to use. I don't remember if it has much on russia but it has many quotes which is always a good thing to add to an essay, and also historians are good to throw in
    Hope the essay writing is going or went well

ReputationRep:
    thats a huge timescale for an essay, is it coursework?
    Everything that has been stated above should be thrown in, its what i would add.

But don't use wikipedia, my lecturer screams if she finds out any of us have used wikipedia, its so rubbish for knowledge for A levels onwards.
    I'd get out of that mind set before you get to degree level or you'll struggle, spartacus.com is a good site to use. I don't remember if it has much on russia but it has many quotes which is always a good thing to add to an essay, and also historians are good to throw in
    Hope the essay writing is going or went well

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.