Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Baby rabbit in desperate need of a home, East Sussex Watch

ReputationRep:
    We have a baby rabbit with a jaw disorder and he needs hand feeding and regular tooth clipping. He's absolutely gorgeous - white and very fluffy but will be put down at the end of the month if a home isn't found.
    He really is very sweet but we can't take care of him because of the level of care he needs.
    I live in East Sussex.
    Please pass this on to anyone who you think could take care of a rabbit like this and PM me if you're interested.

Cabbie
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the double post

ReputationRep:
    I wish I lived in Sussex

ReputationRep:
    Looks like someone hit him in the face with a shovel.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, he is so cute! I wish I lived in East Sussex, I want him! Hope he finds a home!

Edit - now I'm over the 'awwww!' Have you tried advertising around your area? In pet shops, even places like the local paper or supermarket?

ReputationRep:
    I want him

He's too far away, though, and I can't have pets in my apartment either (otherwise, I'd be driving there tomorrow evening).

ReputationRep:
    now I'm over the 'awwww!' Have you tried advertising around your area? In pet shops, even places like the local paper or supermarket?
    Online, pet shops- in as many places as possible. It's kinda hard to imagine the kind of person who would keep him because he really needs proper, dedicated care.

ReputationRep:
    He's really, really cute. Man, I've got such a soft spot for rabbits, but that gives the heartstrings an extra pull*. Sure you won't have trouble finding a home for him.

How often do you have to clip his teeth and is it daily hand-feeding aye? Sorry, I'm not in the area, just curious. Had to clip one of my rabbit's teeth because he had an overbite, was maybe as much as fortnightly.

*Maybe we should have an anon function in here, this can't be good for my street cred :ninja:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I wish I lived in Eat Sussex, rabbits like that have a tendency to have jaw and/or teeth problems :rolleyes: and that little one will need lots of care...but it'd be so worth it, my bunny's old and is now pretty high maintenance, but so lovely...try everywhere as others have suggested, ask if you can put a notice up in the local vets as well...

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely hope that you find a home for this rabbit with someone nearer to you within the next month. However, if you're genuinely unable to, and the only other option is for him to be put down, please get in touch with me and I'll take him in.
    As I say, I'm saying this purely as a last resort as East Sussex is a long way for me to travel and I'd need to negotiate a suitable place to keep him, but better that than him being put down.

ReputationRep:
    He's really, really cute. Man, I've got such a soft spot for rabbits, but that gives the heartstrings an extra pull*. Sure you won't have trouble finding a home for him.

How often do you have to clip his teeth and is it daily hand-feeding aye? Sorry, I'm not in the area, just curious. Had to clip one of my rabbit's teeth because he had an overbite, was maybe as much as fortnightly.

*Maybe we should have an anon function in here, this can't be good for my street cred

made me laugh

Thing is, we are having real trouble finding him a home.
    His teeth need clipping about once every 10 days. He needs hand feeding twice a day (I think~ my sister and mum feed the rabbits) and checking up on throughout the day as he tries to eat with his brothers and mamma but gets the tiny pellets stuck in his mouth... kinda cute but pretty sad

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely hope that you find a home for this rabbit with someone nearer to you within the next month. However, if you're genuinely unable to, and the only other option is for him to be put down, please get in touch with me and I'll take him in.
    As I say, I'm saying this purely as a last resort as East Sussex is a long way for me to travel and I'd need to negotiate a suitable place to keep him, but better that than him being put down.
    made me tear up
    That is very, very sweet of you

I promise that we'll try our hardest and if we have no other option left then I'll get in contact with you.

Again, that's really sweet of you

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwww.

Cutest thing I've seen.
    Ever.
    Arghs, I want to squeeze him.

I'm also someone who wishes they live in East Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it'd probably be better for it to be put down.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Cutest rabbit ever :love:

I wish my landlady would let me have pets :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cabbie)
    made me laugh

Thing is, we are having real trouble finding him a home.
    His teeth need clipping about once every 10 days. He needs hand feeding twice a day (I think~ my sister and mum feed the rabbits) and checking up on throughout the day as he tries to eat with his brothers and mamma but gets the tiny pellets stuck in his mouth... kinda cute but pretty sad
    Awww, man that is so sad. That's a pretty high standard of care, so yeah I can see why you're encountering difficulties. Probably only suitable for those who don't work/work from home if you're having to check up on him often.

And again, awww

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Free Cycle?
    Whenever an animal goes on that in my area it's gone in a matter of hours
    I really hope he doesn't get put down

ReputationRep:
    nice cloud. wheres the rabbit? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Free Cycle?
    I haven't actually... i'll put him up soon, thanks!

I hope he doesn't get put down either... he is honestly the sweetest thing

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwww he is so lovely! Would bedfordshire be too far to go? (Im very good with down south geography!) I know someone who lives there who fosters rabbits.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.