Turn on thread page Beta

'Bad Romance' is actually a retarded song, stop lying to yourself watch

ReputationRep:
    Omg are you kidding? When she sings that line it's like I can totally relate to her. I've found someone who feels my pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    :sexface:
    What

Why have you summoned me to look at this sexface?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    What

Why have you summoned me to look at this sexface?
    Because you defended eurovision so magnificently. You are now in line for rep tomorrow as well as being my 15th favourite member.

ReputationRep:
    woop lets hate on lady gaga coz it makes me so cool

seriously though, i used to love that song until it was overplayed by capital FM

ReputationRep:
    You And Me Coulddd Write A Bad Romance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Because you defended eurovision so magnificently. You are now in line for rep tomorrow as well as being my 15th favourite member.

ReputationRep:
    I love it love it love it. There should be a little Bad Romance emoticon on here

ReputationRep:
    TBH its probably the best song ive heard by her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    woop lets hate on lady gaga coz it makes me so cool

seriously though, i used to love that song until it was overplayed by capital FM
    But baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    But baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun.

I want your love and I want your revenge :perv:

ReputationRep:
    I want your love and I want your revenge :perv:
    Let's have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick. :perv:

Wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Let's have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick. :perv:

Wait...
    wrong way bubba :hand:

ReputationRep:
    wrong way bubba :hand:
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    :emo:
    its cool :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Ga ga ooh ahh la la roma roma

wtf!?!? that's actually in the lyrics, I can handle her crazy outfits, quirky and weird videos / concepts in most of her songs but no, Bad Romance is just plain retarded

it's a crappy song and it's just stupid, makes no sense

at least some oF LGs' other songs have some sort of actual setting or narrative - Like Paparazzi, Love game, Just dance. Bad romances' setting is just.......... white wtf?
    I love you.

No really, I am properly in love with you based purely on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    i thought this. then i acutally bothered listening past the neanderthal beginning and it just rocks!

je veux ton amour baby.

ReputationRep:
    Her lyrics are actually quite refreshing.

Far too many lyrics and songs these days are hugely generic. I'd wager if you wrote down the majority of their lyrics, you'd be stuck to place them with the tune or artist...but if you saw Lady Gaga's written down...you'd be able to place them as belonging to her and which song they came from.

Sure she might not be a lyrical genius, but she definitely has a style of saying things that sets her apart.

Referring to the lyrics of THIS song, it's all about a BAD Romance. Loving someone and everything about them you shouldn't, wanting all of the sickest, darkest parts of them.

'I want your ugly, I want your disease, I want your everything. As long as it's free, I want your love.'

'I want your pyscho, your vertigo stick. Want you in my rear window, baby you're sick. I want your love.'

These are following on from 'I want your horror', by using Hitchcock titles - and sexualising them - in the lyrics.

The 'Rah rah roma mah' etc. bit sounds like it's a monster roar, and in the demo it was originally 'muh mah mumumah' instead of 'Gaga ooh la la' but I'm guessing it was changed to so it didn't sound too similar to Poker Face's 'mumumumahhh'.

Yes, that bit is silly...but I don't think anyone is really claiming differently. It serves its purpose as an insanely catchy hook, and also - as much as you can diss it as being generic - makes it stand out.

I mean, lets be real here...some of the catchiest songs ever have quite mindless lyrics. Hey Jude for instance is mostly 'naaaaah nahhh nahh nananahhhhhhhh' etc.

As Gaga said herself, 'without a killer chorus, who really gives a ****?'.

ReputationRep:
    GaGa...ooh La La....want your bad romance.........

I don't really like Lady Gaga's music but this song is annoyingly catchy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Gaga fan but this is by far her best song

ReputationRep:
    Ra ra romaroa is ******* retarded actually. WTF does it mean? All her other songs are way better but get rid of the raragaga balls and it ain't too bad. At least it's not as retarded as anything by Britney.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.