Turn on thread page Beta

'Bad Romance' is actually a retarded song, stop lying to yourself watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to disagree with the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I love you.

No really, I am properly in love with you based purely on this thread.
    awww thanks I love me too <3

ReputationRep:
    Bad Romance is bangin blad.

Gaga is one of the very few mainstream people i can stomach!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Am I the only one who thought the song had some meaning in it? In the video she is portraying quite a few celebrities that have been caught in love affairs and various scandals and you can clearly see that - to name but a few you can see Amy Winehouse, Xtina, Kylie, Taylor Swift etc but maybe I'm reading too much into it:dontknow: I am amazed that GaGa can look like so many different people actually!

ReputationRep:
    She writes good pop records. 'Just Dance', her best track, was really a superb song, and 'Bad Romance' is pretty damn good too.

ReputationRep:
    Bad Romance > Lady Gaga's penis > The OP

So shush son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Am I the only one who thought the song had some meaning in it? In the video she is portraying quite a few celebrities that have been caught in love affairs and various scandals and you can clearly see that - to name but a few you can see Amy Winehouse, Xtina, Kylie, Taylor Swift etc but maybe I'm reading too much into it:dontknow: I am amazed that GaGa can look like so many different people actually!
    I saw Amy W, (she's the one at the end on the smoking bed isn't she?) but I didn't see the others. Could you show me please?

ReputationRep:
    There are a few different ways in which Gaga's lyrics can be interpreted. Especially on her new tracks.

ReputationRep:
    OK

I still think the song is retarded but it's kinda catchy and CAN sound good, heard some acapella versions of the song on American Idol in the group week performances and well it can sound really good. I prefer other versions than LGs' original though

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] tonight 8pm ITV1

ReputationRep:
    Bad Romance is possibly my favourite song ever, currently at like 540 plays on Last FM.
    Sure the Rah Rah etc. bit sounds silly but it adds to the song. The full chorus is amazing, especially when loud in a club. And I love how she bursts into French lyrics near the end of the song. I think it's a well put together song and despite listening to it so many times it's showing no signs of getting old, unlike her other stuff. Just Dance was amazing for the same reason but it's not one I listen to much any more. Still, it currently has a higher play count than Bad Romance.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.