Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I've becum dumb over night. I'm looking at my essay and I don't even know where to start. I can't construct literary arguments anymore. Should I ask my tutor for xtra help?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're tired?

ReputationRep:
    Coffee is the answer.

I'm not tired so coffee won't help

ReputationRep:
    I use Smints as my brain food. It's worked so far.

I just can't do it! (Write that is)

I'm thinking about paying someone to write my essay lol its getting that bad like

ReputationRep:
    Try putting it down and coming back to it in a day or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm thinking about paying someone to write my essay lol its getting that bad like
    Yeah, do it. I blagged my way through GCSEs and A Levels by paying neeks to do my work, and now I'm just chillin at Oxford :cool: Trust me, it works :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The same thing happened to me last Friday when I was trying to write my English Coursework . I took a long bath and just went over what I wanted to say in my mind . I played around with word order and wasn't afraid to just say it out loud until something good started to take shape. Try that ?
    Good luck I hate writer's block.

ReputationRep:
    Should I ask my tutor for xtra help?
    Not unless his name is Dr Kawashima.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    FOCL

(Original post by explosions hurt)
    Lol good one

What can I do when Braintraining doesn't help?

ReputationRep:
    have sex with ur tutor, stipulating beforehand that he is to give you an A

if the tutor is of a gender u find sexualy attractive then you have nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    Well look on the bright side, you couldn't have gotten that much dumber your on TSR asking for help and your spelling seems fine...your tired, get some sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Take fish oil supplements. After a while you actually do notice a real difference. Definitely worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive done this as well by booze and drugs

ReputationRep:
    I've becum dumb over night. I'm looking at my essay and I don't even know where to start. I can't construct literary arguments anymore. Should I ask my tutor for xtra help?
    Anonymous, I thought that this used to happen to me a lot (not a sudden inability to maintain eloquence, but rather a general loss in mathematical skill).
    However, it is actually nonsense. Tomorrow you'll be a lot better.
    If you were to lose intelligence, then what you wrote would not seem poor; in fact you would think it was your standard of writing.

People don't understand I am actually retarded

(Original post by DerBoy)
    Anonymous, I thought that this used to happen to me a lot (not a sudden inability to maintain eloquence, but rather a general loss in mathematical skill).
    However, it is actually nonsense. Tomorrow you'll be a lot better.
    If you were to lose intelligence, then what you wrote would not seem poor; in fact you would think it was your standard of writing.
    Its like I have a mental block I actually feel different in myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.