Turn on thread page Beta

Can a girl get underwear to wear for her boyfriend on valentines day? watch

Announcements

Question very much in the title.

Does it count as a valentines gift?
    And anon might seem a little innessecary but people I know use this site.

ReputationRep:
    I would think so - it's as much for the guy as yourself if you know he's going to like it.

ReputationRep:
    I want my video games *****.

ReputationRep:
    No!!! No it doesnt! You getting yourself underwear is not a gift for us. Lets face it, you see it for what? 10 mins maybe before it ends up on the floor. Most times it just comes off with your skirt/trousers and we dont see it at all. It certainly doesnt count as a romantic gift.

Are you scottish or jewish by any chance? Judging by that you might well be both scottish and jewish!!!

ReputationRep:
    well my girlfriend said that she has got me that and something for her self.

(Original post by RollerBall)
    I want my video games *****.
    You got way too many for christmas to complain.

My opinion, without knowing anything about your relationship..no, i don't think you can.
    Certainly when i buy underwear its just as much for myself than it is for my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but it should not be the only gift. makes a great surprise later on in the night though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Question very much in the title.

Does it count as a valentines gift?
    And anon might seem a little innessecary but people I know use this site.
    Hell yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    No!!! No it doesnt! You getting yourself underwear is not a gift for us. Lets face it, you see it for what? 10 mins maybe before it ends up on the floor. Most times it just comes off with your skirt/trousers and we dont see it at all. It certainly doesnt count as a romantic gift.

Are you scottish or jewish by any chance? Judging by that you might well be both scottish and jewish!!!
    I agree. You won't be wearing it for long. It's still a nice gesture, but get him some real gifts.

Scottish and Jewish? I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Buy him something else too...
    then show him the underwear later ;-)

People seem to do this in films and stuff.
    I think it depends how much of a big deal the day is to you, if he's spending £2.50 on you/10 minutes making something, or you've been going out for like a week (in which case, you shlag) then it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    yes, but it should not be the only gift. makes a great surprise later on in the night though
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music-Ista)
    I agree. You won't be wearing it for long. It's still a nice gesture, but get him some real gifts.

Scottish and Jewish? I don't get it.

Scottish people and Jewish people are renowed for being tight *******s and never opening their wallets. Hence why the OP trying to buy something for herself yet making it seem a present for her bf (thus not actually getting him anything) might suggest they are of either Scottish or Jewish decent.

*Tin hat on*
    *Awaits neg rep*

If your offended, tough ****, lighten up, its a big wide world out there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if it's accompanied by sex.

ReputationRep:
    Yeeep, its our tradition for valentines and his birthday
    Obviously intended to be followed by sex.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm not really, as others have said you're not gonna be wearing it for very long. If you're gonna wear something nice for your boyfriend you may as well go the whole hog and do the whole fancy dress thing. But hey ho, that's only my opinion.

Way we've done it is that he's paying for a meal or the cinema, and I'm paying for some nice lingerie/sexual fun :p:

We prefer spending on an experience/fun time than buying (usually) crappy, forgettable gifts. But that's perhaps because we are both **** at and hate/stress over buying presents.

I made him a card too. That's my more romantic contribution.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Scottish people and Jewish people are renowed for being tight *******s and never opening their wallets. Hence why the OP trying to buy something for herself yet making it seem a present for her bf (thus not actually getting him anything) might suggest they are of either Scottish or Jewish decent.

*Tin hat on*
    *Awaits neg rep*

If your offended, tough ****, lighten up, its a big wide world out there.
    Haha
    Nah, i thought it was about us being tight but i got confused when Jewish got brought into it, haven't heard that one before.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.