Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on wednesday and i just wanted to know if anyone knows what type of questions they are going to ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Well when I had mine, they just asked about my grades, if I thought I would achieve my predicted grades, it was a very laid back interview to be honest, just a chat about the course, the college what you do at school. Don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Generally it seems you'll be asked things like why you want to do the subjects and why you want to go there. Sometimes they ask what you think you'll bring to the sixth form, but generally they are more after an informal interview than a big, formal one asking you dozens of questions :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, they'll ask you the basics really. What you're interested in doing, to elaborate more on or change your preferred A Level options, why you're interested in doing A Levels in the first place...

They sometimes might drift into things like "What would you say are your strengths/weaknesses?" or "what is your favourite lesson at high school and why?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Ruth-x)
    I have an interview on wednesday and i just wanted to know if anyone knows what type of questions they are going to ask me.
    Easiest interview you'll ever attend!

Probably quite informal - on what you like, in terms of subject areas, what you're expecting, what your attendance and punctuality are like... how you would feel at that sixth form - their values, rules, record etc.
    Maybe future plans and aspirations.

Just a chat really - so they can see what you're like, that you're dedicated and that you'll contribute to the sixth form. It's not really a fight with other applicants as it would be if it was with an employer. It's also an opportunity for you to ask questions - make sure you do.

As long as your school report, attendance, punctuality and grades are good, there's nothing to worry about.

There won't be things like competency based questions as there would be at a job interview (or for university).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    Easiest interview you'll ever attend!

Probably quite informal - on what you like, in terms of subject areas, what you're expecting, what your attendance and punctuality are like... how you would feel at that sixth form - their values, rules, record etc.
    Maybe future plans and aspirations.

Just a chat really - so they can see what you're like, that you're dedicated and that you'll contribute to the sixth form. It's not really a fight with other applicants as it would be if it was with an employer. It's also an opportunity for you to ask questions - make sure you do.

As long as your school report, attendance, punctuality and grades are good, there's nothing to worry about.

There won't be things like competency based questions as there would be at a job interview (or for university).
    Im just worrying over nothing really. Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    I have one coming up asl, but reading this, it seems like its going to be fine

Good Luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    Im just worrying over nothing really. Thanks for the help.
    No problem. I was probably nervous too.

I wrote based on what my history tutor told me (who held my interview) about the interview's purpose, as well as another tutor who mentioned holding interviews in the afternoon, one morning.

I don't know if the sixth form you're applying to is old and formal - more sixth form than college, but if it's the former (and they have a uniform), I'd dress smartly unless you wear your school uniform. You're female so I can't really comment on clothes - as a male I would not (and did not) wear a suit, which would be over the top...

I ruled out one of my prospective sixth forms/colleges because it was awfully cramped in the corridors at breaks - wall to wall. Try to get a feel for things like that if you can, because open days can't help you in these areas.
    (There were other reasons for not going to that sixth form too - I don't have crowd issues!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.