Turn on thread page Beta

Valentine depression watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimberleyJane)
    :dontknow: By the sounds of it 2/3 of TSR are single. :teehee:
    Why not everyone be single together!
    The rule for people on TSR:

Attractive, Single, Mentally stable: choose two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Well that's your uni, I don't think it applies to every single Uni up and down the country.
    People should stop being picky. It's not about going out with a hound,
    it's about maybe going for someone who's not drop dead gorgeous but has a fantastic personality to make up for their average looks.
    EH?! :confused:
    ...For me, if a chick has a great personality and not the looks, they are a friend. If they have both, well then I'd like them to be more then a friend.
    Since when did getting a partner mean they can't be good looking and have a great personality? Why for someone like me, or potentially the OP, who aren't ugly, and I keep myself in shape religiously, settle for less than good & good?

On a side-shrink assessment, I'd say you are only saying that because you see yourself as the girl in your description. :holmes:

(Original post by Lauren__x)
    A least you've been in love before.
    **** valentines day and FML.
    Have you never been in love?
    I feel a bit stupid of having made this thread now.

*hugs*

ReputationRep:
    Awwz, come here and have a hug :hug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    The rule for people on TSR:

Attractive, Single, Mentally stable: choose two.
    Do I have to... :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I love valentines day, I can get drunk on my own and no one asks why.

ReputationRep:
    Couples make me ******* sick, seriously

ReputationRep:
    I've got a boyfriend and we're not even doing Valentine's Day! I'm seeing my Grannie instead, so there's nothing to be depressed about cause it's not really that special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    EH?! :confused:
    ...For me, if a chick has a great personality and not the looks, they are a friend. If they have both, well then I'd like them to be more then a friend.
    Since when did getting a partner mean they can't be good looking and have a great personality? Why for someone like me, or potentially the OP, who aren't ugly, and I keep myself in shape religiously, settle for less than good & good?

On a side-shrink assessment, I'd say you are only saying that because you see yourself as the girl in your description. :holmes:
    I'm notsaying you can't.
    But the OP is complaining about being single, I have no idea what he looks like.But it he's just a reasonably attractive guy aiming for Megan Fox look-a-likes then amybe he should lower his standards.
    Fair enough if you're really good-looking, aim as high as you want. But most people can't afford to be that picky.

On your shrink assessment, it may well be that. I'm about average maybe slightly above. But I'm well aware of who is and isn't in my league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I'm notsaying you can't.
    But the OP is complaining about being single, I have no idea what he looks like.But it he's just a reasonably attractive guy aiming for Megan Fox look-a-likes then amybe he should lower his standards.
    Fair enough if you're really good-looking, aim as high as you want. But most people can't afford to be that picky.

On your shrink assessment, it may well be that. I'm about average maybe slightly above. But I'm well aware of who is and isn't in my league.
    You can afford to aim high :sexface:
    I probably am out of your league though, but I have no reason to decline the opportunity to get down with the funky business with you :wink2:
    This isn't a proposal by the way, I'm deciding for you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    You can afford to aim high :sexface:
    I probably am out of your league though, but I have no reason to decline the opportunity to get down with the funky business with you :wink2:
    This isn't a proposal by the way, I'm deciding for you :yep:
    Aha
    Thanks Sweetie

ReputationRep:
    How about you just stop looking and wait ?
    Tbf, i've had a boyfriend for almost 2 years and i hate valentines day.
    If you're in love you don't need an excuse of a day to do so.
    Goood luck, i'm sure you're a very nice boy .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    A least you've been in love before.
    **** valentines day and FML.
    What does FML mean? ive seen loads of people use it in facebook status updates.

ReputationRep:
    Go out as part of a group, round up the singles.
    Why feel bad about some cheesy day anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sawyer)
    What does FML mean? ive seen loads of people use it in facebook status updates.
    F my life. I alway promised myself I'd never use it but now I've failed because thats been my outlook on life recently. FML:sigh:.

ReputationRep:
    :nopity: tbh

ReputationRep:
    these valentines threads are getting really gay

ReputationRep:
    Valentine's Day is a commercial concept anyways. Who cares!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Well as none of us know the guy, he could be telling the truth about people trying to act cool. I certainly know that in the "right" (Read wrong) social groups that could happen.
    How can you be overly picky? Unless you are say a chubby thicko wanting a attractive, rich etc chick, I think people should be more picky as people are happy with less than more nowadays- probably part of why the average size of women has increased, and why the rate of divorce is so high as people are going with anything rather then being picky.
    U can be overly picky, some of my friends sit complaining that they never find a good boyfriend n then when u ask them what they r looking for in a guy u sit there n think well if thats what u lookin for u may aswell go sue Disney tbh.

N i agree with what u say bout 'right' social groups, because unfortunatly there are people that regard looking good infront of the 'right' people as being one of their top priorities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airia)
    U can be overly picky, some of my friends sit complaining that they never find a good boyfriend n then when u ask them what they r looking for in a guy u sit there n think well if thats what u lookin for u may aswell go sue Disney tbh.
    Yeah that's right, but for some guys it can be hard just finding what 'should' be average.
    For example, I'd just like a girlfriend that was relatively attractive (not asking for stunning, above average would be nice), keeps in shape, wears make-up, has a sense of fashion, is confident and is easy to get along with.

I'm not asking for intelligence, massive tits, tiny waist, lots of money, undying sense of loyalty, yet in the UK I've found I may as well be asking for that. If a guy has standards, he's pretty much screwed from the start, so lowering them is just depressing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.