Turn on thread page Beta

Valentine depression watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    F my life. I alway promised myself I'd never use it but now I've failed because thats been my outlook on life recently. FML:sigh:.
    Try cheer up and think positive things. Life might look a bit brighter if you do plus the evenings are starting to get lighter which is always good !

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So Valentine is getting near, and people in my uni and halls are starting to plan and talk about the upcoming 'valentine formals'.

Maybe its a typical dilemma, but I have spent roughly 3 months in uni, and haven't found a girl that I've fallen for. I am starting to feel really depressed about it.

I don't want to sound arrogant. The thing is that I am very good-looking, and people, especially girls, don't know how to act or how to be around me. People act strange around me and think that they have to be extra cool in front of me and such, and sometimes they are just nervous. I just want people to be normal around me. But more, I just want to find a nice girl

The only girl I really started to like here has a bf she loves..

I used to hate being in love, but now I just miss it. I am also sick of the thought of going to the club to hit on girls.
    Sorry if I sound like an arrogant prick, who is picky with girls. This is just how I feel and I wanted to get it out.

I met my boyfriend in a club! Never thought it would happen... I assumed he wanted a bit of a snog and that's it but we talked for hours after the club and found out that we have a million things in common. My point is that you CAN meet someone nice in a club. You just have to be sweet, have fun and a bit of a dance, and if you like her, give her a call afterwards and meet up.

Btw I definitely agree that Valentines day is completely pointless. But the economy probably needs the money atm :p:

Good luck OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So Valentine is getting near, and people in my uni and halls are starting to plan and talk about the upcoming 'valentine formals'.

Maybe its a typical dilemma, but I have spent roughly 3 months in uni, and haven't found a girl that I've fallen for. I am starting to feel really depressed about it.

I don't want to sound arrogant. The thing is that I am very good-looking, and people, especially girls, don't know how to act or how to be around me. People act strange around me and think that they have to be extra cool in front of me and such, and sometimes they are just nervous. I just want people to be normal around me. But more, I just want to find a nice girl

The only girl I really started to like here has a bf she loves..

I used to hate being in love, but now I just miss it. I am also sick of the thought of going to the club to hit on girls.

Sorry if I sound like an arrogant prick, who is picky with girls. This is just how I feel and I wanted to get it out.

It sucks, but on the bright side... PANCAKE DAY IS ON THE 16TH.
    Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, but basically there is no way to shut people up about valentines day stuff. Sadly.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sawyer)
    Try cheer up and think positive things. Life might look a bit brighter if you do plus the evenings are starting to get lighter which is always good !
    Lol, I'm fine though thanks, I was just being silly yesterday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.