Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Listen to her singing and then listen to someone like Lemar. The two are worlds apart.
    they have different style that is y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    they have different style that is y
    Yea..... one is a great singer and one isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Yea..... one is a great singer and one isn't.
    which one was u referring to as the greta singer? personally i think both r pretty good singers - in their own way

ReputationRep:
    Listen to her singing and then listen to someone like Lemar. The two are worlds apart.
    thats a stupid thing to say that thats like saying i dunno erm.......Metallica are better then Westlife for petes sake too differnet genre's i.e Metallica can write and play their own stuff

its like do you think Westlife deserved to win that record of the year? i dont bloody think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    its like do you think Westlife deserved to win that record of the year? i dont bloody think so
    hahahahaha thats got to be the funniest tv moment in history!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha thats got to be the funniest tv moment in history!!!!!!!!
    hahahaha i know like whats this country coming to, where the funniest tv moment of the year they'd win that aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    hahahaha i know like whats this country coming to, where the funniest tv moment of the year they'd win that aswell
    lol u got it!

my cd colection is pretty funny tho. i got nasty things such as Aqua and as much as im ashamed to admit it... Lolly. i got Funeral For a Friend, Busted, Pink, Nirvana, Mariyn manson, Linkin Park, Atomic Kitten, The Tribe, and many more. also inmcludin pop idol xmas but my mum bought that for herself but it lives in MY collection. grrrrr

ReputationRep:
    lol u got it!

my cd colection is pretty funny tho. i got nasty things such as Aqua and as much as im ashamed to admit it... Lolly. i got Funeral For a Friend, Busted, Pink, Nirvana, Mariyn manson, Linkin Park, Atomic Kitten, The Tribe, and many more. also inmcludin pop idol xmas but my mum bought that for herself but it lives in MY collection. grrrrr
    thats the same for me but all my alternative collection is on show, and my embarrasing ones are put away in a cupboard, like them cartoon people, the only thing i have show which is embarrasing for some is PJ & Duncan but i'm proud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Did the fat one win in the end?
    it would be a different story if she was black. black girls can pull of the fat look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    it would be a different story if she was black. black girls can pull of the fat look.
    excuse me?!?!?!?! whats wrong with us fat white girls?
    Gotta say i love 'black girls' hair! it always looked amazin!

sorry i dont no how else to describe black person. some offend at colour some offend at black some offend at different race...

ReputationRep:
    excuse me?!?!?!?! whats wrong with us fat white girls?
    Gotta say i love 'black girls' hair! it always looked amazin!

sorry i dont no how else to describe black person. some offend at colour some offend at black some offend at different race...
    but thats what i'm sayin. people are saying that she shouldn't have won Pop Idol cos she doesn't look the part. but if she was black it would be a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    but thats what i'm sayin. people are saying that she shouldn't have won Pop Idol cos she doesn't look the part. but if she was black it would be a different story.
    aaaaaaah right. ok sorry

ReputationRep:
    one of the most popular and respected lads in my 6th form proper thought she was nice lookin!
    yeah but i don't think many would think that, not that i'm against her in any way, i actually like her song!

ReputationRep:
    Sam should have won, he was a bit different. That Mark Dillion guy (not the marc in the final) is a criminal, he's been in prison and everything. I can't believe any body woudl do what he did...

ReputationRep:
    michelle (the fat one as u call her) won because she is a trully amazin singer. the best singer that has EVER been on pop idol or pop stars or fame acadamy or whatever.
    I'm sorry but personally i think michelle has NOTHING going for her...the point of having a pop IDOL is someone who people would look up to and try to emulate....i dont know ANYONE who would want to be just like her (i'm not saying there's anything wrong with being her or being like her, it's just that people wouldn't TRY to be like that. That's no one's ideal).

I don't mean that only in terms of weight. She can't exactly be a fashion icon because she can't really wear most nice clothes cuz she's too big. And speaking of her voice, HELL NO SHE IS NOT AN AMAZING SINGER. There have been singers on pop idol who have had much more talent but who also manage to look decent. Listen to Kelly Clarkson, now that girl has got a voice but she still manages to be cute at the same time. Michelle really can't sing.

I would have no problem with a pop idol being someone who wasn't the normal anorexic supermodel. I'm sure the world is in need of a popstar who's like a size 12-14...that's normal but still healthy and nice. Fair enough if an averagely good looking person with a normal average body and an amazingly talented voice were to win.

But instead we have Michelle who's voice isn't horrible but it certainly isn't up to the likes of Kelly Clarkson, and who is UNHEALTHILY FAT. This girl isn't just chubby, she's obese. And that is not healthy at all. So again, who's going to idolise her?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

what are u talking about? what the hell has race got 2 do with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    I'm sorry but personally i think michelle has NOTHING going for her...the point of having a pop IDOL is someone who people would look up to and try to emulate....i dont know ANYONE who would want to be just like her (i'm not saying there's anything wrong with being her or being like her, it's just that people wouldn't TRY to be like that. That's no one's ideal).

I don't mean that only in terms of weight. She can't exactly be a fashion icon because she can't really wear most nice clothes cuz she's too big. And speaking of her voice, HELL NO SHE IS NOT AN AMAZING SINGER. There have been singers on pop idol who have had much more talent but who also manage to look decent. Listen to Kelly Clarkson, now that girl has got a voice but she still manages to be cute at the same time. Michelle really can't sing.

I would have no problem with a pop idol being someone who wasn't the normal anorexic supermodel. I'm sure the world is in need of a popstar who's like a size 12-14...that's normal but still healthy and nice. Fair enough if an averagely good looking person with a normal average body and an amazingly talented voice were to win.

But instead we have Michelle who's voice isn't horrible but it certainly isn't up to the likes of Kelly Clarkson, and who is UNHEALTHILY FAT. This girl isn't just chubby, she's obese. And that is not healthy at all. So again, who's going to idolise her?!

well that should be for the record companies o worry about. Her weight should have nothing to do with it, you choose your own idols and fashion urself in their image.

ReputationRep:
    i wanted ANDY :mad:

ReputationRep:
    michelle (the fat one as u call her) won because she is a trully amazin singer. the best singer that has EVER been on pop idol or pop stars or fame acadamy or whatever.

i agree

she is a brillaint singer, her size shouldnt matter.

i think maybe sam or roxanne should have won, they were both brilliant too, but at least michelle will bring somehting different to the music industry

x x x

ReputationRep:
    pop idol takes it to far its annoying how people gain instend fame

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.