Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Independent Black State watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone.

I am Nigerian and I want to discuss the possibility or maybe the impossibility of the existence of a separate and independent black state.
    I know that there will be people on this thread who are much wiser than me , so I wish to learn from you. I am very eager to talk of topics such as these and I find that society today has no place for such serious discussion.

I personally believe that a separate black state should exist. However not because of any sort of racial hatred I may harbour. I believe a separate black state should exist because I feel that too long have we as black people blamed our shortcomings on the white man.I do feel that slavery was disgusting, vile and evil but isn't it time we decided to bring responsibility upon our own shoulders and make our ancestors proud.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. Do you mean a black nation which is free of any ties with European based countries?
    Or a black nation which is exclusively for black people?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have Africa / South Africa?

ReputationRep:
    You've got a continent, use it.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you mean a European State for European black people? Am I right?

Firstly, I don't see where you could make it (don't want it turning into another illegal 'Israel' now) and secondly, seeing as blacks are now so inter-racial that it's hard to call many of them more 'black' than 'white'... who would you allow into your hypothetical black State?

And the days when people blamed blacks for everything are coming to an end, or this isn't that common in normal circles nowadays. Whoever does is an idiot so I don't see why they can be the reason that a new State is warranted.

ReputationRep:
    You've got a whole bloody continent, use it.

ReputationRep:
    No. Nothing's changed since the Black Panther's proposal of the same kind was shutdown in the 60's. Seperatism doesn't work, nor is it desirable for the majority of people.

Creation of a 'state' is implausible conisdering Israel.
    Funding and sustaining a newly formed state is unlikely considering the sovereignty/self-help/survivlism policies states already adopt.
    Racial self-esteem has to be achieved not subsidised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    You've got a continent, use it.
    There's nothing really left to 'use'; it's been ransacked and levied to a virtually irrecoverable extent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riley001)
    I feel that too long have we as black people blamed our shortcomings on the white man.
    Which white man?

:awesome:

But seriously, my mum says there's a lot of black people in Africa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherudim)
    There's nothing really left to 'use'; it's been ransacked and levied to a virtually irrecoverable extent...
    Unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am a great believer in improving Africa , but even if Africa's quality of life was improved to a satisfactory level, how will a Black state even be implemented? Yes The point of who will I allow into the state is a good one.Hypothetically If I should say those who want to come will be welcomed in . I believe that we should retain European ties, but we should implement our own agricultural and economical beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    have fun in your black country, maybe you could form another BNP

the black n.... party

and before the shock, racist! comments come in, i'm jamaican.

i just think its a stupid and ignorant idea.

ReputationRep:
    What is this ****? I would oppose any state that claims it's existance on racial grounds - race being a largely social construct. Will you kindly never log onto TSR again please?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you dig your continent out of the **** its in? They you've got all the land you want.

ReputationRep:
    Surely by defining a state against the white man, one is not escaping the focus on the white man, merely redirecting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouExperienced?)
    have fun in your black country, maybe you could form another BNP

the black n.... party

and before the shock, racist! comments come in, i'm jamaican.

i just think its a stupid and ignorant idea.
    I am sorry you think its a racist idea,but then please give us evidence for such an assumption do not make foolish comments with no evidence. Separation is not racist if both parties enjoy equal facilities, it could be argued that it is unfair but not racist.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry you think its a racist idea,but then please give us evidence for such an assumption do not make foolish comments with no evidence. Separation is not racist if both parties enjoy equal facilities, it could be argued that it is unfair but not racist.
    i didnt say anything about it being a racist idea. Learn to read before you start directing vocabulary like foolish towards me

but since you wish to probe

please would you give me your definition of racism, so that i understand the extent to which you misunderstand the term.

and also

how would this 'black nation' be formed? where would it be formed? please address every single beneficial consequence that removing differing ethnicities would bring?what would happen to non-blacks if they didn't wish to leave?

and also what would be your opinion on a country comprised of a majority of people of caucasian origin devising a scheme to rid colour from their nation...i.e getting rid of every non white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Surely by defining a state against the white man, one is not escaping the focus on the white man, merely redirecting it.

Yes, but the state wouldn't be defined against the White Man, it would merely exist to help Black people around the world gain independence which I believe doesn't exist to day? If you disagree please reply.

An example is Affirmative action,I believe that we should not need to be helped in order to achieve. Isn't it patronising? Isn't America based upon equal opportunity and not giving one group a head start?

An independent black state may solve this issue because ,hypothetically if it is successful it will give black people around the world,racial independence. I know some may not like the idea of racial independence.

ReputationRep:
    being from nigeria you might not understand this but the vast majority of black people regard themselves as british and fail to acknowledge their african roots, they have now got there own sub culture, after losing much of their initial identity.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, seriously? You know your not going to be able to achieve anything without help. For example, how did Dubai build its city through the sand to a city? From help and exploitation. Now, this helps comes from America and United Kingdom and other European countries that do many business with countries, but they only give a fraction of what their countries worth. Look at Nigeria, has lots of oil, but where is the oil money going to? Point being, the "white man" is your only hope. Can't live with him, can't live without him.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.