The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When they go at the speed of light, thus making it impossible to get hardly anything written down. That is definitely annoying! It's also irritating how they allow some people to just talk all the way through their lecture.

Ruth xx
Reply 41
Worst lectures:

-Lecturer speaks too fast or is inaudible.
-Lecturer just isn't engaging and blatantly isn't enjoying being there or life in general.
-Poor jokes are cracked simutaneously meaning that you lose track of the point they were making.
-When they start to speak at length about their real life experiences of the 'thing' in question; the accounts are never interesting.
Reply 42
I really hate the idea that (at least on my pharmacy course) every lecture needs to be on power point. I don't learn at all when the lecturer just flicks through pre prepared slides (that I can get on the internet anyway)
las10
Yeah I have seen that group :0)

aha it isn't quite as popular as our 'get a room..or this happens' though. :p:
Reply 44
GodspeedGehenna
10. Lecturers who use slides as their own personal prompts (i.e. slides that just say one or two words which they then proceed to elaborate on for 30mins). The point in having the slides is to provide us with structure to revise from. If you need prompts, use the note function on powerpoint.

But as you can see, most people don't like it if the lecturer reads from the slides, which is very likely to happen if all the information is written out on there.

Personally I find overloaded text slides really off-putting...
Reply 45
Thank you x

Latest

Trending

Trending