Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leicester or Edinburgh? or..How important is Russel Group? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    You didn't assume I attended two 1994 Group unis then?

From an RAE perspective Russell Group scores higher.

What evidence do you have that shows the 1994 Group is (on average) on par with the Russell Group?

Or don't you understand what an average is?
    I was just stating that I can't stand generalisations like that, judge universities individually rather then by whole groups. I like it when people resort to patronising others over the internet, it's sad that so few people can handle an opinion or thought that is different to their own.

(Original post by hassi94)
    I hope you realise this thread is almost a year and a half old, and the person you are advising has likely finished their first year of university.
    I did not realise this, oops

ReputationRep:
    it mainly depends on what university you want to go to, how far is it from where you currently live, does the degree at that university have a good employability ratio and is the student life good, personally i would choose Leicester as it is an all round good university, student life is brilliant and not as far from where i live (Nottingham).

ReputationRep:
    Closing thread. It's almost 18 months old.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.