Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dont mean in the Uni sense.

What I am talking about is in age range or mindset as though someone on here or otherwise may say that they would have friends on their course or at work in their late 20's or older when it comes down to it I see people in the street or online getting called old who are as young as mid twenties or as old as like 35 and even more so I have seen girls in their late 20's called ****'s or attractive mature ladies and I dont see how late twenties or even early thirties is "mature" in the general sense.

I see people have partly things subconciously so if they speak to someone they may get on with but some randomer they dont know they are old at the back of their mind and this must be the case as a few years back when I was 24 I was called creepy for having a 17 year old friend and when speaking to some 21 year olds they thought I had no interest in going to gigs or such.

Just so confusing.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been seen as being extremely mature and old beyond my years (read: boring?) and I'm currently 22. I'm more comfortable with older friends than I am with people my own age or younger, for the most part, and have more in common with a woman of 40, generally, than with a 19-20 year old.

I'd say, for that reason, that it varies from person to person. People my own age might see me as serious/dull/unsociable, but I might see them as immature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    I dont mean in the Uni sense.

What I am talking about is in age range or mindset as though someone on here or otherwise may say that they would have friends on their course or at work in their late 20's or older when it comes down to it I see people in the street or online getting called old who are as young as mid twenties or as old as like 35 and even more so I have seen girls in their late 20's called ****'s or attractive mature ladies and I dont see how late twenties or even early thirties is "mature" in the general sense.

I see people have partly things subconciously so if they speak to someone they may get on with but some randomer they dont know they are old at the back of their mind and this must be the case as a few years back when I was 24 I was called creepy for having a 17 year old friend and when speaking to some 21 year olds they thought I had no interest in going to gigs or such.

Just so confusing.
    you do know **** is about them being a hot mum? so they can be any age...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    you do know **** is about them being a hot mum? so they can be any age...
    Lol I was about 15 when American Pie came out so I do know what it means.

However it generally is used in the terms of a mature woman like in the movie and often is used to describe women without kids.

ReputationRep:

However it generally is used in the terms of a mature woman like in the movie and often is used to describe women without kids.
    But its not any more thats what im saying, that was the original intention but now its just about anyone who is a mum and hot. And fyi i was like 13/15 when it came out and Im 5 years younger than you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    But its not any more thats what im saying, that was the original intention but now its just about anyone who is a mum and hot. And fyi i was like 13/15 when it came out and Im 5 years younger than you..
    Whats being 5 years younger got to do with anything? I was at the leaving home age when it came out so saw the growth of it so saw it firsthand.

But like I say its nothing to do with a mum anymore its to do with a "mature" woman as its also applied to single women seemingly over like 24

ReputationRep:
    Whats being 5 years younger got to do with anything? I was at the leaving home age when it came out so saw the growth of it so saw it firsthand.

But like I say its nothing to do with a mum anymore its to do with a "mature" woman as its also applied to single women seemingly over like 24
    lol i saw it firsthand too just cos its rated an age doesnt mean only those people see it

ReputationRep:

No it isn't. :indiff:

Anyway, I have no age limits. I can talk to different people about different things, so as long as we have something in common. I would hang out with the people I have most in common with though.

ReputationRep:

Fyi, ****: Mother I'd love to F***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSI_HIRO)
    Fyi, ****: Mother I'd love to F***
    Hmmm seems Im finally getting the support for such an obvious thing that should have been agreed when I pointed it out the first time.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, in order to be considered a **** you would have to be at least of the age most women start having kids.
    In my opinion it would be specifically the age of a woman who has kids that are either teenagers or grown ups themselves (i.e 40s) to be a true ****. Just like the "cougar" women (significantly older women who go for men in their late teens or twenties).

Mind you. I'm probably considered an older woman to those in here. 25 I bet is pretty old!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    yeah, in order to be considered a **** you would have to be at least of the age most women start having kids.
    In my opinion it would be specifically the age of a woman who has kids that are either teenagers or grown ups themselves (i.e 40s) to be a true ****. Just like the "cougar" women (significantly older women who go for men in their late teens or twenties).

Mind you. I'm probably considered an older woman to those in here. 25 I bet is pretty old!
    Thats what I was getting at and was was seemingly misunderstood, I see girls called a **** who are single and about your age so the age part has lowered for what people see a **** as, and IMO id say a woman when she goes from her 30's onwards can be seen as a possible **** and 35-40 is the actual age range for me hence the **** in American Pie, I was looking at a Youtube video earlier and someone was calling this girl who was 28 a cougar and I was like WTF?!

And to the others, I think the part about American Pie was misunderstood, I was getting at I was at the home leaving age where I was able to see it become mainstream and how it has changed and IMO even if you ask someone in their mid to late twenties now what a **** is they would say in their mid thirties etc, I have seen women as young as around 23 or 24 being called ****s, I sort of disagree with the general sense of its any woman of child bearing age as that means a 16 year old can be called a **** even if shes single(since how do you know unless she has a child she even has one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I've always been seen as being extremely mature and old beyond my years (read: boring?) and I'm currently 22. I'm more comfortable with older friends than I am with people my own age or younger, for the most part, and have more in common with a woman of 40, generally, than with a 19-20 year old.

I'd say, for that reason, that it varies from person to person. People my own age might see me as serious/dull/unsociable, but I might see them as immature.
    Ditto.

I don't think there's anything wrong in having older/younger friends than you as long as there's nothing dodgy actually going on. Where I work atm I'm the youngest at 20 and the oldest employee there is in her late fourties. We're really close friends.

ReputationRep:
    i consider 60+ old

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.