Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Has anyone had any offers for this course yet? If you have, how long ago was your interview?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I had my interview on 16th feb and not heard anything yet, my friend had hers and found out after 3 weeks she'd got a place, and another found out within a week that she hadn't got a place.....no news must be god news!

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanuts)
    Hi there,

I had my interview on 16th feb and not heard anything yet, my friend had hers and found out after 3 weeks she'd got a place, and another found out within a week that she hadn't got a place.....no news must be god news!

good luck!
    Hey

I have an interview at the end of the month... Can you tell me what it was like? What did you have to do? Any advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hiya,

no problem,

firstly you have a group talk from the main man!, theres about 60-70 people in one interview. its here that he gives u info about uni and course and also gives you your time slot for your individual interview (mine was at 3.45, thats the latest one)

Then you have to write an essay about the 3 most important aspects of teaching.

After that you have lunch.

When you come back you are out into smaller groups of 8, and you stay with that group for rest of day.

within your group you are split into 2 groups of 4 and given a kids book to look at and discuss within your group how you might use this book in a classroom and what different lessons etc you might be able to teach from it.

This discussion lasts about 15 mins and togetrher you write all of your ideas on a big peice of paper, (all the while your group interviewer will be listening in on the groups and taking notes on everyone)

after the discussion time, you and the other 3 in your group have to go to the front of the room and present what you had written down. to the interviewer and the other group. (she'll ask whose group wants to go first, say you want to! the first group to go gets an advantage)

this presentation only has to last a few minutes, long enough for you to each speak about a different aspect of what you discussed and written on the paper .

after the group interview, you basicaly wait around untill your individual interview time slot.

In this interview, it goes sooooo quick and she literally asked 4 questions.
    I cant remember exactly but she def asked about your time in a classroom and how you might deal with problem child. She also asks what things can influence a childs learning and she asked basically the same question as the essay earlier in the day; what are important aspects of teaching..

Honestly, the whole day is really really easy.... no trick questions, and cos they know you are all nervous they are so nice and it feels very relaxed.

the worst bit is the waiting around. and even though you spend time with your group, make sure you take a book or mag, and a packed lunch or some money for refreshments.

I've not heard back yet so am keeping my finger crossed.

Good luck with your interview :-):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanuts)
    hiya,

no problem,

firstly you have a group talk from the main man!, theres about 60-70 people in one interview. its here that he gives u info about uni and course and also gives you your time slot for your individual interview (mine was at 3.45, thats the latest one)

Then you have to write an essay about the 3 most important aspects of teaching.

After that you have lunch.

When you come back you are out into smaller groups of 8, and you stay with that group for rest of day.

within your group you are split into 2 groups of 4 and given a kids book to look at and discuss within your group how you might use this book in a classroom and what different lessons etc you might be able to teach from it.

This discussion lasts about 15 mins and togetrher you write all of your ideas on a big peice of paper, (all the while your group interviewer will be listening in on the groups and taking notes on everyone)

after the discussion time, you and the other 3 in your group have to go to the front of the room and present what you had written down. to the interviewer and the other group. (she'll ask whose group wants to go first, say you want to! the first group to go gets an advantage)

this presentation only has to last a few minutes, long enough for you to each speak about a different aspect of what you discussed and written on the paper .

after the group interview, you basicaly wait around untill your individual interview time slot.

In this interview, it goes sooooo quick and she literally asked 4 questions.
    I cant remember exactly but she def asked about your time in a classroom and how you might deal with problem child. She also asks what things can influence a childs learning and she asked basically the same question as the essay earlier in the day; what are important aspects of teaching..

Honestly, the whole day is really really easy.... no trick questions, and cos they know you are all nervous they are so nice and it feels very relaxed.

the worst bit is the waiting around. and even though you spend time with your group, make sure you take a book or mag, and a packed lunch or some money for refreshments.

I've not heard back yet so am keeping my finger crossed.

Good luck with your interview :-):
    thanks this was really helpful

ReputationRep:
    No problem, I received an offer from them last night, so thats 3 weeks and 6 days after my interview, they are very slow with response times!

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 15, 2011

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.