Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was doing front squats today and while doing them I felt a kind of pop in my hamstring in my left leg, can't remember whether it happened while I was coming up from the squat or going down, but it happened when I was pretty deep. I stopped doing them afterwards and it doesn't really hurt that much, more of a dull ache, any ideas what happened? Felt weird when it happened as well.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionForMod)
    I was doing front squats today and while doing them I felt a kind of pop in my hamstring in my left leg, can't remember whether it happened while I was coming up from the squat or going down, but it happened when I was pretty deep. I stopped doing them afterwards and it doesn't really hurt that much, more of a dull ache, any ideas what happened? Felt weird when it happened as well.
    Thanks.
    You probably pulled your hamstring. Just don't exercise it for a while.

Edit: I'm sorry, I know that sounds oversimplified, but it does just sound like you've overstretched the muscle and with rest it will just heal hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    You probably pulled your hamstring. Just don't exercise it for a while.
    Would a while be like, until wednesday or until the ache has gone or longer?

ReputationRep:
    Would a while be like, until wednesday or until the ache has gone or longer?
    I'm hardly a sports doctor, but it doesn't sound like you've badly injured yourself, so at an educated guess a couple of days? I would suggest you wait until the pain goes and then be careful the first time you go back into exercise ie start slowly until you can tell for sure its healed and you won't damage it again.

BUT ask someone else who knows more on the subject than I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    I'm hardly a sports doctor, but it doesn't sound like you've badly injured yourself, so at an educated guess a couple of days? I would suggest you wait until the pain goes and then be careful the first time you go back into exercise ie start slowly until you can tell for sure its healed and you won't damage it again.
    Alright, thanks mate.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thanks mate.
    Thats ok, I would still suggest asking someone who knows more than I do though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah dont worry about it mate, just do stretches and ease back into it. Did you stretch before/after?

ALthough its weird to have it go on a front squat?? I always have my hammies wrecked/pulled after RDL or SLDL's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    yeah dont worry about it mate, just do stretches and ease back into it. Did you stretch before/after?

ALthough its weird to have it go on a front squat?? I always have my hammies wrecked/pulled after RDL or SLDL's
    I didn't stretch before but I warm up by doing a few lighter sets like body weight, 40kg then going up in increments of 5 until I reach the weight I used for my 5 rep set.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.