Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Facebook watch

• View Poll Results: New Facebook
    HATE IT
    61.98%
    LOVE IT
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got it, isn't it only a beta test at the moment to see how it works... and then everybody will get it??

ReputationRep:
    It's only facebook, calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Carp tbh, it doesn't look any simpler to me. Aaaand, my home page still comprises of nothing but stupid gay assed groups/pages that people join, I don't give a ****.

But meh, I don't go on it a lot/i'll get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't it always looked like this?

Anyway who cares, it's Facebook, anyone over analysing it has issues. As long as you can still post on walls/upload photos/like things, s'all good.

Love it,

BUT

Don't like that I now have to click twice to log out

ReputationRep:
    My news feed is slightly erratic - sometimes it shows me things from days ago, sometimes a mixture of current and past updates, and sometimes nothing at all. I'm still getting used to the new layout, think I prefered the old one.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get what the point is in having 'who's online' on the left hand side, and then the normal chat thingy telling me who's online anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Hasn't it always looked like this?

Anyway who cares, it's Facebook, anyone over analysing it has issues. As long as you can still post on walls/upload photos/like things, s'all good.
    Evidently a lot of people do.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got it yet

I won't particularly care when I do get it though, I don't understand the masses of "OMG I H8 DA NEW FACEBOOK LAYOUT" status updates and "CHANGE FB BACK" groups. If you hate it that much, delete your account. Easy.

edit; I logged into my sisters account (she saved her password on my computer silly girl) and she has the new layout. Looks good but obviously didn't properly use it. It doesn't look too complicated or different in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    My news feed is slightly erratic - sometimes it shows me things from days ago, sometimes a mixture of current and past updates, and sometimes nothing at all. I'm still getting used to the new layout, think I prefered the old one.
    Click the "most recent" link and it goes back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Evidently a lot of people do.
    Hence read the next bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Click the "most recent" link and it goes back to normal.
    I've done that - but it still gives me up old ones occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, it seems to have made some things easier and some things harder to do. Like everybody else my news feeds have gone a bit squiffy.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    I haven't got it, isn't it only a beta test at the moment to see how it works... and then everybody will get it??
    It's not a test, it's being rolled out to everyone whether they want it or not :p:. The process takes a few days.

ReputationRep:
    who cares about facebnook

ReputationRep:
    I think they should have just concentrated on making the first version actually work first, before making another. Im still getting latest news from 3 days ago, the chat doesnt work, some people can't upload pictures, i sometimes cant post although this has been ok in this version so far. I know its free, but it should still work. Its like moving onto a main meal without finishing a starter.

Ill continue to use it though :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Don't much care.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have this new facebook . Everyone else's seems to have changed. - This sucks

ReputationRep:
    The change wasn't necessary at all in my opinion, however what IS necessary is to make facebook chat actually work so people can use that whilst logged into facebook rather than have to log into msn for a decent convosation. Facebook chat is so slow, thats the main problem with it...sending....sending....

ReputationRep:
    yet again they have a total design rehaul. not keen on it actually, not just because it doesnt work properly yet, just dont like the design.

but i dont care really. they'll only change it again in a few months time so it doesnt matter really.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.