New Facebook Watch

• View Poll Results: New Facebook
    HATE IT
    61.98%
    LOVE IT
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    My opinion of the new facebook:

Good, new layout, things are easier to get to (like the chat) and the overall homepage layout is just neater and looks nicer. You have to take into consideration the fact that if facebook didn't do these updates people would get bored, and leave the site. Which is exactly what happened with myspace, when they didn't update for like.... 3 years. Trust me, you will get used to these updates just like the last one.

- Alfie

ReputationRep:
    i seriously dont get how its changed, mine looks the same to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i seriously dont get how its changed, mine looks the same to me
    Not everyones has changed yet. You'll have it in the next couple of days!

I like it though, much easier to navigate and seems to load alot faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    Not everyones has changed yet. You'll have it in the next couple of days!

I like it though, much easier to navigate and seems to load alot faster.
    od the privacy settings change or do they stay the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    od the privacy settings change or do they stay the same?
    They are still the same. It's only the layout that has changed really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    They are still the same. It's only the layout that has changed really

ah thats good

ReputationRep:
    I am still without said layout.

ReputationRep:
    I want it back to the way they had it a couple of changes back. I don't care that mr x likes ms ys activity or any of that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    RUUUUUUBBISH! I always hate what they do to 'improve' it! I liked it when I first signed up the most

ReputationRep:
    Dislike. News feed is annoying. Preferred the old version whereby my news feed was made purely of status updates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME10)
    Dislike. News feed is annoying. Preferred the old version whereby my news feed was made purely of status updates.
    If you click Friends > Status updates then you get just status updates, nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    If you click Friends > Status updates then you get just status updates, nothing else.
    Cheers man, should really check it out properly.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't like it, whats with the huge white space of nothing-ness on the left hand side? Also, having notifications at the top means if you're scrolled down you can't see if you've got any new ones. And is it necessary to have really mundane activity being published such as 'X liked Y's post on Z's wall'.

At the end of the day, it is only Facebook I suppose but to think these 'web designers' thought it was good makes you wonder.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I've got it now. I quite like it to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peach-On-Ice)
    Really don't like it, whats with the huge white space of nothing-ness on the left hand side? Also, having notifications at the top means if you're scrolled down you can't see if you've got any new ones. And is it necessary to have really mundane activity being published such as 'X liked Y's post on Z's wall'.

At the end of the day, it is only Facebook I suppose but to think these 'web designers' thought it was good makes you wonder.
    The only reason they keep changing it is because they wouldn't have jobs if they had nothing to do. Changing it keeps these people employed. Sure you could argue they could work on something else, but then you've got too many people working on the "something else" and again people need to lose jobs.

I definitely don't believe the constant changes are to try improve the user experience. The HCI of the site seems to get worse each time.

ReputationRep:
    I really like it, seems much better organised. They just need to fix the bugs like the chat which keeps saying no one is online when there is and it will be brilliant. To actually be able to delete the crap that the notifications come through with as well is a bonus, hate those.

ReputationRep:
    Hate it... but everytime we get used to it However there are still numerous faults with the site, 1 being the chat!

ReputationRep:
    I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfie_1991)
    My opinion of the new facebook:

Good, new layout, things are easier to get to (like the chat) and the overall homepage layout is just neater and looks nicer. You have to take into consideration the fact that if facebook didn't do these updates people would get bored, and leave the site. Which is exactly what happened with myspace, when they didn't update for like.... 3 years. Trust me, you will get used to these updates just like the last one.

- Alfie

People left myspace because it was much easier to speak to people through facebook!
    Myspace was annoying, people put far too many applications on one page and my computer always slowed down when it got onto very annoying people's pages...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.