Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I applied for a vac scheme with Irwin Mitchell, had a telephone interview with them today, and they said they'd let me know in 10 days time whether I'd made it through to the assessment centre.

I was just wondering, in case I do make it through, what the assessment centre were actually like? Do any of you have any info about them, any first/second hand experience, are they are bad as they sound? :p:

I'm a bit nervous about it all, so any help would be muchly appreciated

Ta!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    Hey guys!

I applied for a vac scheme with Irwin Mitchell, had a telephone interview with them today, and they said they'd let me know in 10 days time whether I'd made it through to the assessment centre.

I was just wondering, in case I do make it through, what the assessment centre were actually like? Do any of you have any info about them, any first/second hand experience, are they are bad as they sound? :p:

Ta!
    I've heard they're quite friendly and not as intense as other large firms. PS: I PMd you asking for advice : )

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what do they ask during the telephone interview? I applied so want to be ready in case I get a phone call!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abgowen)
    Hey, what do they ask during the telephone interview? I applied so want to be ready in case I get a phone call!
    General questions that were similar to the sort asked in the application form. There were no questions about law/IM. They were quite difficult to answer and did put you on the spot quite a lot. It's a good idea to pause at times and think about what you're going to say instead of having a panic and babbling

ReputationRep:
    what offices did you guys apply for that have had telephone interviews and if you dont mind when did you apply??? i applied on the deadline so thinking i may have missed the boat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina86)
    what offices did you guys apply for that have had telephone interviews and if you dont mind when did you apply??? i applied on the deadline so thinking i may have missed the boat!
    I applied to the London office, well within the time limit... in December I think...

ReputationRep:
    General questions that were similar to the sort asked in the application form. There were no questions about law/IM. They were quite difficult to answer and did put you on the spot quite a lot. It's a good idea to pause at times and think about what you're going to say instead of having a panic and babbling
    Oh God really? Are they like competency based questions where you have to give examples etc? Did it last long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abgowen)
    Oh God really? Are they like competency based questions where you have to give examples etc? Did it last long?
    Yeah, it was a general example-giving thing really... it didn't actually last long at all... but it felt like it lasted for ages!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from the mancheser office? has anyone had a telephone interview for there?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt worry to much, I applied for their Newcastle office and did a telephone interview in January with them and havent heard anything yet. According to roll on Friday the company they outsourced the telephone interviews is massively delayed, could still be a while yet no-one has really heard anything.
    Have a look at the forum with the info http://www.rollonfriday.com/Training...0/Default.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina86)

I applied for the Birmingham office but i only sent my application at midnight the night before the deadline, but had a telephone interview today so I wouldn't worry - they still seem to be getting through the applications

ReputationRep:
    is everyone getting a telephone interview???

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to the IM assessment centre day monday at the Birmingham office? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esha24)
    anyone going to the IM assessment centre day monday at the Birmingham office? xx
    Have you heard back from them about the Assessment centre then? Did they email you or send a letter? I've still not heard anything from the London office!

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back from them about the Assessment centre then? Did they email you or send a letter? I've still not heard anything from the London office!
    Had an e-mail from them about 2 days after my telephone interview - its been about 1week. To be honest the london office probably have a lot more applications to process than the Birmingham one so I wouldn't worry too much about not having heard back from them hun :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know what to expect from the assessment centre if anyone can give any clues?

ReputationRep:
    please could you give a few examples of the kind of questions they ask? thanks! x

Hey guys!

Ta!

ReputationRep:
    Ditto!! I've got a telephone interview this afternoon and am soooo nervous. If anyone can shed some light on the sort of questions they ask, that would be great!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The telephone interview generally went along the same lines as the application form, eg. name something you are proud of/name a challenge... that sort of thing. It was nothing law related, more life skills.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    sorry to bring the thread up again but can anyone give me some advice for the assessment centre? I've got it on the 23rd and never been to one before so quite nervous! Any info on the interview would also be really great! Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.