Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I ugly? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think I have body dysmorphic disorder...I don't think I am attractive at all. I really think I'm disgusting compared to female celebrities and even some of my friends. It doesn't help when girls are supposed to look like supermodels etc...and guys can get away with looking abit scruffy or whatever. My boyfriend is always saying how attractive women like megan fox are etc. I feel really ugly compared to them. I'm also very very pale as you'll see by the pic...I don't even tan in the summer

I have very low self esteem. My skin isnt too great either and you'll see that in the pic

I have attached a pic...I am really not trying to fish for compliments or anything, I genuinley don't think much of my looks at all.

Also any advice on body dysmporphic disorder would be great

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...l/DSCN3548.jpg

ReputationRep:
    You're not ugly. End of story...

ReputationRep:
    you're prettier than most im incredibly pale aswell, more so than you i think! I think most women are ugly compared to supermodels lol, think you're just paranoid; are you bulimic at all?

ReputationRep:
    pale =/= ugly. You're certainly not ugly.

ReputationRep:
    nope youre not

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea how pretty you are! I wish I looked like you.....

ReputationRep:
    you're not ugly. you'd look so much prettier if you smiled!! the old cliche is true: look good, feel good! you need to be more confident in yourself your young, pretty and you have a bf. you got a lot going for you. don't let trivial stuff get you down.

ReputationRep:
    At least you actually have a boyfriend. **** boyfriends and FML.

ReputationRep:
    You have a ******* boyfriend, why are you complaining?

ReputationRep:
    not ugly but not pretty either, kinda in the middle

looks like youve gor bad skin (cound be the crapness of the camera though)
    a wonky face (could be the my space pose you are pulling)
    and a wonky nose (again could be the pose)

before people jump on me, she asked for opinions

ReputationRep:
    Terms of raw beauty, you are cute but I think what you're wearing in that photo downgrades you and so does that haircut.

(Original post by Lauren__x)
    At least you actually have a boyfriend. **** boyfriends and FML.
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    You're really pretty and have nice hair

ReputationRep:
    Definately not ugly.
    Lose the tacky earings and the leather jacket though, they're doing you no favours.

You look pretty though maybe a lil bit too much make-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got_The_Bends)
    I think I have body dysmorphic disorder...I don't think I am attractive at all. I really think I'm disgusting compared to female celebrities and even some of my friends. It doesn't help when girls are supposed to look like supermodels etc...and guys can get away with looking abit scruffy or whatever. My boyfriend is always saying how attractive women like megan fox are etc. I feel really ugly compared to them. I'm also very very pale as you'll see by the pic...I don't even tan in the summer

I have very low self esteem. My skin isnt too great either and you'll see that in the pic

I have attached a pic...I am really not trying to fish for compliments or anything, I genuinley don't think much of my looks at all.

Also any advice on body dysmporphic disorder would be great

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...l/DSCN3548.jpg
    Is this some kind of joke or something? :lolwut:

...if not, then OP you're not ugly.

For god's sake, what's the matter with you people :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope your not ugly

ReputationRep:
    You should get rid of that picture before more people come in here.

ReputationRep:
    You're pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puakenikeni)
    You have a ******* boyfriend, why are you complaining?
    Init be grateful man. Some girls cant get bfs.

ReputationRep:
    Was reading an article online on body dysmorphic disorder the other day infact! Scientists have found a part of the brain that has problems processing visual input! The same parts of the brain are also linked with obsessive-compulsive disorder and the two could be linked! here is the article if you are interested:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0201171525.htm

It may also just be that you have low-self esteem but you are definitley not ugly!

Hope that helps!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.