Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you're fine

And you aren't that pale. I'm probably paler.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you guys, I do try not to let things get me down but im such a sensitive person and compare myself to other people always...

here is one of me smiling aswell

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-touchup-1.jpg

Your pretty, you can't compare yourself to Megan Fox she gets make up artists to plaster her face in make up and fake eyelashes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you look good.

ReputationRep:
    I get offended when pretty people say they are ugly.

You're not ugle. Das ende.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got_The_Bends)
    Aww thank you guys, I do try not to let things get me down but im such a sensitive person and compare myself to other people always...

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    You're not ugly at all OP, if I saw you in the street I'd probably think 'nice hair, nice face' and carry on with my day. Your skin looks fine to me especially in the second picture, I used to have bad acne then I got some treatment and grew out of it. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself!

I doubt you have body dysmorphic disorder, those who meet the criteria for diagnosis complain of features of themselves to the point where their occupational and social functioning is impaired sometimes to the point of severe depression and anxiety. Some even go as far as isolating themselves. It can also be linked to eating disorders and other social phobias aswell as OCD. I think it sounds more like just the low self esteem is your problem, if I were you I'd work towards finding things about yourself you can like. Concentrate on all the great things you have for example your boyfriend - he wouldn't be with you if he wasn't attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Terms of raw beauty, you are cute but I think what you're wearing in that photo downgrades you and so does that haircut.

:console:
    What type of haircut would suit me better then? I really want tips here..some might see me as obsessed but I think I really do have that disorder...dont know how to not look in the mirror and see something awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    You haven't been quite as happy as you used to be. What's up?
    I don't really know to be honest with you=/. I'm just feeling like I'm going to be alone forever recently. I'll try get happy again. Thankss for asking.

ReputationRep:
    You're pretty can i just say you don't need that make-up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temperley)
    You should get rid of that picture before more people come in here.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Meh i'd hit it, but nothing to get over excited about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got_The_Bends)

OP, you're not ugly. Imo you have really, I mean really, low self-esteem. You should do something about it and stop comparing yourself to other people.

ReputationRep:
    You ain't bad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even into blondes and I can assure you that you've got nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Nah your really pretty.

ReputationRep:
    your not ugly, you look good

ReputationRep:
    Loving your hair.
    It's really beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    You are about average.

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely not ugly, don't worry.

If you are suffering from BDD, I'd strongly advise you not to post this sort of thing on the internet. People tend to be mean and rude for no reason and lack empathy concerning this sort of thing online because of the anonymity, and it's not going to help you. It would be far better for you if you talked things over with friends, family and your boyfriend, or sought some kind of professional help to build up your confidence in this area.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.