Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got_The_Bends)
    Why?
    because, contrary to your opinion, you are a beautiful girl and your low self esteem will attract the male buzzards with their Wink-icons.

despair not! you are beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    What type of haircut would suit me better then? I really want tips here..some might see me as obsessed but I think I really do have that disorder...dont know how to not look in the mirror and see something awful
    Try just going with normal straight hair I think, or something that doesn't look as messy but definately get rid of that jacket! Look for something less masculine, maybe check what fashion trends are going and go from there in terms of clothes.

Also, a smile can go a long way and you have pretty eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I would

ReputationRep:
    you're f***ing hot. i'd bang you right now. no joke

ReputationRep:
    I think I have body dysmorphic disorder...I don't think I am attractive at all. I really think I'm disgusting compared to female celebrities and even some of my friends. It doesn't help when girls are supposed to look like supermodels etc...and guys can get away with looking abit scruffy or whatever. My boyfriend is always saying how attractive women like megan fox are etc. I feel really ugly compared to them. I'm also very very pale as you'll see by the pic...I don't even tan in the summer

I have very low self esteem. My skin isnt too great either and you'll see that in the pic

I have attached a pic...I am really not trying to fish for compliments or anything, I genuinley don't think much of my looks at all.

Also any advice on body dysmporphic disorder would be great

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...l/DSCN3548.jpg
    Lol Megan Fox? You're setting your standards a bit high there. You are hot, no question but your skin could probably be sorted out quite easily if you just find the right stuff to treat it.

ReputationRep:
    Too much make-up [trying hard to cover but failing, spots show], look like a ***** with that expression. You ain't terrible though.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i took a look at that photo expecting soemthing pretty bad.

Your incredibly pretty.
    Dont compare yourself to celebrities, they dont look half as good in real-life as they do in the media, when they have a team of people to make them look perfect and have their photos edited on the computer.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way you look, you look much better than most people!

Its your self-esteem that is bad, not your appearance, and so rather than focusing on appearance issues i would suggest that you try to work on your confidence
    there are a lot of things you can do, so good luck

ReputationRep:
    You're cute.

ReputationRep:
    I really think I'm disgusting compared to female celebrities and even some of my friends. It doesn't help when girls are supposed to look like supermodels etc...
    trust me even celebrities and supermodels don't look the way they appear to be. I don't think you are bad looking, even if you were then just make the best of it and people will be attracted to you. i work in fashion (part time) i have to wear make up to work and it's not because i want to but because my manager told me to. when i am at work i have to sell perfection on every level and that's what celebrities and models do yet that is not who they realy are. and as for your bf, well i am sure there are male celebrities who you think are hot?

ReputationRep:
    That first photo is pretty bad, but I had a snoop around your photobucket account and you're not ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Aww sweetheart you are very pretty. It really upsets me when a beautiful young woman feels ugly and let's it affect her life. I have struggled with the same issues since my teens and having problems with your skin doesn't help at all. I am 32 and still have acne. It is finally getting better though after I eventually sought treatment for it a year ago so if you haven't done so please see your GP and ask for a referal to a dermatologist. I am using a gel called Isotrex which took a while to see improvments but now I am largely free from inflammed spots and my skin has less congestion. If you can improve your skin that will be a huge boost to you. Other things to try are working on your body image. Perhaps you can look for a support group online or look for a book called the body image workbook which helped me. I don't feel beautiful all the time now but I accept myself and make the best of myself without letting my feelings about my appearance rule my life. It takes time and you will have some bad days but it is worth working on and gaining some control over.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Get your BDD sorted, see a counsellor or something, I had a girlfriend who had it and to be honest it completely ****** her up for several years because she wouldn't let people help her out, she basically couldn't function in normal life at all without breaking down pretty much every day.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're not fat
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Average!

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    You look ok. Certainly not ugly! I don't think it would count as BDD though.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have body dysmorphic disorder...I don't think I am attractive at all. I really think I'm disgusting compared to female celebrities and even some of my friends. It doesn't help when girls are supposed to look like supermodels etc...and guys can get away with looking abit scruffy or whatever. My boyfriend is always saying how attractive women like megan fox are etc. I feel really ugly compared to them. I'm also very very pale as you'll see by the pic...I don't even tan in the summer

I have very low self esteem. My skin isnt too great either and you'll see that in the pic

I have attached a pic...I am really not trying to fish for compliments or anything, I genuinley don't think much of my looks at all.

Also any advice on body dysmporphic disorder would be great

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...l/DSCN3548.jpg
    All i can remind you of, is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...You are only ugly if you label yourself as ugly and truly want to be ugly. I am sorry to understan that you feel the need to compare yourself to attractive??? WOMEN who do not even know that you exist!!!

My point is this...you need to realise that comparing yourself to others is not the best way to boost your confidence...i'm sure they do not compare themselves to others!!! What you need to do is put down the mirror and pick up a bible. Turn off the mainstream music and tune into gospel music!!! No joke.

Please take my advice, the humbleness that will foster in you will surely boost your self-esteem. You will begin to realise there is more to life than being called attractive!!!

P.S you have got a b.f. so @ least you know you are appreciated!!!:yep: ...Apparantly i am 'sexy' but i have never had a g.f. in the last 10 years:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I really think you are asking for trouble posting your picture on a thread. If you really had bad self esteem, I would think you wouldnt risk such public put downs. God knows I couldnt ever do that and I wouldnt consider myself particularly attractive.
    You are attractive. I also think you need to let your eyebrows grow thicker towards the end and pluck them slightly thinner for the first half so the thickness is a bit more evened out. But thats the only criticism.

You're beautiful! :yep:

I on the other hand think I suffer form this dysmorphic thing

ReputationRep:
    No :pierre:

I suffer from Body Dismorphia and I would never in my life post a picture of myself on the internet. Never.

I am in the process of seeking help. You can't please everyone in the looks department - these celebraties at the end of the day get constant attention i.e. hair, make up. Heck if we all got that treat ment we would be super models etc.

I suggest you do not post your picture on the internet - it will only feed the BDD and you won't feel good about it esp the negative comments.

Your are really pretty but a person with BDD cannot see that - that is my issue. I have been told many times on the streets I have been stopped about how good looking I am but seriously a person with bdd like myself cannot process that please seek help.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.