Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

urgent help about resitting when ucas form has been sent watch

ReputationRep:
    hello im an international student .i have recently receive my a level results that i sat for in november 2009.after that i applied for ucas in january 2010 and have sent the form but at that time i have not receive my results yet and put my a level results as pending.now when i receive my results i realize that my grades does not meet the minimum entry requirement for the university course i applied to,which is bbb and i only attained bcc.so i want to resit my a level in june 2010.my question is,would ucas send my new grades in june 2010 to the universitie since i did not put a june 2010 as pending in the education section when i sent my ucas form?because i didnt expect i had to resit again.also could i resit for only two a level subjects in june 2010 and just carry forward the b grade i attained in november 2009,instead of resitting all 3 a levels again.thank you

ReputationRep:
    hello im an international student .i have recently receive my a level results that i sat for in november 2009.after that i applied for ucas in january 2010 and have sent the form but at that time i have not receive my results yet and put my a level results as pending.now when i receive my results i realize that my grades does not meet the minimum entry requirement for the university course i applied to,which is bbb and i only attained bcc.so i want to resit my a level in june 2010.my question is,would ucas send my new grades in june 2010 to the universitie since i did not put a june 2010 as pending in the education section when i sent my ucas form?because i didnt expect i had to resit again.also could i resit for only two a level subjects in june 2010 and just carry forward the b grade i attained in november 2009,instead of resitting all 3 a levels again.thank you

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Any offers you get from universities will be subject to you meeting the conditions by August 2010, meaning yes, you are able to resit. You do not need to resit the subject you got a B in, only the ones you want to improve. Now, you can inform the universities you have applied to that you have achieved a B in one of your subjects and then any conditional offer they give you will be BB, which you will need to achieve in the summer.

In the summer you would need to inform the universities of your results as no, they probably will not be sent them directly by UCAS. I am not 100% sure of this, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    The results are only forwarded to UCAS in August, so unless you tell them the universities will not know that you have not met your offer yet. As long as you meet your offer by 31st August then that should be fine, and yes you obviously only need to retake those A-levels that you need to improve, unless you particularly want to resit the others.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.