Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Taking a trip down memory lane because i'm going to uni in sept and am feeling old lol (only 17 i know but shh! :p: )

What was it about primary school that made it so great, or not-so great?

What is the school dinners, playing bulldog with your mates, doing your P.E in your vest and undercrackers when you forgot your kit?

What was yours?

Do share with us on :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Someone having an epileptic fit in the playground (an ambulance came and everything! :rofl:) Also, a teacher killing a bat. That was awesome :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FootPrints)
    Someone having an epileptic fit in the playground (an ambulance came and everything! :rofl:) Also, a teacher killing a bat. That was awesome :yep:
    What kind of caveman school did you go to that had bats :eek3:
    Mine was the first day there, I spoke no English and this girl in my class liked me but I was dead shy. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Playing all the games which are now banned - British Bulldog, Red Rover, Stuck in the Mud....

Those were the days :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FootPrints)
    lol epilepsy, silly kids and their excessive neuronal activity

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about 'favourite' memories.

Perhaps at my first primary school (also nursery), that feeling of queuing to get into the lunch hall. I used to see if I could count to 100 before I could go in, and it felt like it took forever. My Grandma worked in the canteen, and I loved seeing her whilst getting my lunch. I was told years later that she always said it was the highlight of her day to see me walk into the room; but she died when I was five.

Memories of my second primary school consist of using the old BBC computer for games such as Granny's Garden and Geordie Racer. Oh, and Pogs and book club days (Redhouse Books sales).

Memories of my third primary school include a rainforest project I did, where I was involved in a great amount of research and used a computer for school work for the first time, and where we decorated the Year 5 classroom as a rainforest. Choir at lunchtimes, and canoing and swimming lessons, with the diving board, are also prevalent.

ReputationRep:
    Getting toilet paper from the bog, wetting it, and throwing it at our teacher's window from outside so it stuck. Great ******* fun.
    I missed 30 minutes of golden time for that

ReputationRep:
    Waking up, going to school only to play with your friends, doing all the kiddy art stuff like paper mache models :woo: wrestling in the fields then crying about it when you get hurt...and then do it again. Come home, watch some cartoon network/nickelodeon, have a nap, play some playstation and occasionally do the odd homework which was usually to write a sentence or two :laugh:

In a nutshell, I loved every bit of primary school...it was so much fun :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Playing football nearly every lunchtime, playing rounders and the guys who were fielding shouting at each other to move back because I was coming out to bat, the Year 6 outing to Snowdonia after SATs, an assembly my class did in Year 6 about Kabuki (where I played one of the seven dwarfs in our Kabuki version of Snow White), the times when we did observational drawing or any other type of art (I loved it), every time we did creative writing (I loved that too), reading my way through the class library in wet playtimes, playing in netball and football matches, doing high jump at the district sports, slipping on a rock and falling into the sea during a class trip to Brighton in Year 5, playing conkers with the rest of the school in the autumn, the staff pantomimes, performing in the annual district schools concert, the annual school Fun Day in the summer.....

ReputationRep:
    We used to have a game whereby we would go into the loo, do our business, and then climb out under without unlocking the door. This drove the teachers mental as of course they couldn't get in. One girl with super high bunches tried to do it and got stuck, we got a whole lecture after that. She nearly had to have her hair cut off, until the super old teacher walked in, took one look at the scene and merely cut the bobble off one of her bunches.

ReputationRep:
    • Playing Bull Dog, Road Rage
    • Exceptionally unhealthy school dinners.
    • Having to do no work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Mine was the first day there, I spoke no English and this girl in my class liked me but I was dead shy. :o:
    There was a bat in my primary school as well.

They're actually quite common, just look out the window at night. Those ain't birds. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    lol epilepsy, silly kids and their excessive neuronal activity
    Oh how we laughed :yep:. My best friend has epilepsy now (though it's not the same person thankfully :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Playing something called "Turkey lurkey." I can't even remember how to play it, I just remember running to a post and screaming TURKEYLURKEYLURKEYTURKEYTURKEY!! !!!!

Thinking the playground's huge, when really it's like - not.

HAUNTED GIRLS TOILET, WE HAD A GHOST IN OURS CALLED REBECCA and we were all too scared to go = more accidents on the carpet.

I also remember falling over loads, always in hugeeeeee puddles and then screaming my eyes out.

DOING THE YEAR 2 SATS.

How in reception/year 1 the teacher would ask two people to take the register back to the office and we'd both hold it by a corner each and walk down the corridor.

THE SANDPIT AND THE PLAYHOUSE WITH POTS AND PANS.

Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    It was in the country! (Kind of, there were a few farms nearby anyway :p:)

ReputationRep:
    playing champ, bulldog, had etc.

my old school mates too since i lost contact with most of them :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    omg i remember when this boy told me people make babies by spitting in their hands and shaking each others hands afterwards! for the rest of that week my face was like :shock: so thats how theyre made!

oooh and i remember p.e with that big cloth that was rainbow coloured and you'd have to run under it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    Playing all the games which are now banned - British Bulldog, Red Rover, Stuck in the Mud....

Those were the days :yep:
    stuck in the mud isn't banned...

ReputationRep:
    ahh primary school isn't what it used to be. They're getting rid of all its fun! How can they ban bulldog and not serve some of the great dinners and desserts we used to get...

Poor kids have no idea what they're missin

ReputationRep:
    Playing house with my bestfriends under the humongous palm tree in the field
    filling banana leaves with sand and water and calling them cakes
    These red flowers that you had to pull the petals out of to get a tiny drop of really really sweet nectar..
    PLaying in the rain coz it was so rare to feel cold ever
    Yay fun times

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.