Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gosh! Definately the friends i made, still keep in contact with 2 of them now and are fab people!

I enjoyed being the swot girl of the class- is that sad? All throughout primary is was in the top class at school, the top pupil, etc..the nerdy kid, and that changed when i went to secondary school, luckily i'm back to that kid now at uni- but i missed it lol

A school trip to the lake district, birthday parties...i had a mr blobby cake :sexface:, sad memory but i remember telling my best friend when i was in yr6 i'd started my period and she started on the same day! I was happy, but was also a lot of bullying, taunting..falling out..but its what makes you as a person!

ReputationRep:
    School dinners.

Football in the play ground.

No worries whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    School trips in general, swimming, general expeditions outside of the classroom, doing naughty things like running round to the corner shop just after your parents dropped you off and before the teacher came, when a ball was kicked into the headteachers face and she cried etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *my-future's-bright*)
    Taking a trip down memory lane because i'm going to uni in sept and am feeling old lol (only 17 i know but shh! :p: )

What was it about primary school that made it so great, or not-so great?

What is the school dinners, playing bulldog with your mates, doing your P.E in your vest and undercrackers when you forgot your kit?

What was yours?

Do share with us on :tsr2:
    :woo: I thought our school was the only one to play that. We also had "lobby", which sounds lame because it consisted of throwing a tennis ball, but was actually ******* epic.

ReputationRep:
    I can't pick out a particular memory off the top of my head, but i certainly do remember the summers when we used to run around and go on the climbing frame and play it and skipping and stuff
    I was the double dutch queen
    I also remember going to Trent Park loads, and Alexandra Palace, and winning a competition with my class in year 5, so we got to sleepover at the Science Museum in year 6
    Was my 11th birthday the morning after

Aw wow i'm now starting to remember primary school... Ah gone are the days when i didn't really worry about anything and didn't care if someone wasn't my friend...

ReputationRep:
    My primary school was awful... the only happy memory I have is walking out of those gates for the last time.

[/buzzkill]

ReputationRep:
    Tig. Pretty much everyday at break and lunchtime just playing tig and all its other variants we made up. Amazing care-free times.

All those crazes, e.g. Yo-yos, Tamagotchis, Gameboys, Pokemon cards, Pogs, the list goes on. I miss those days, so care free, where your biggest worry was whether you'll be able to catch that Pikachu.

ReputationRep:
    I think me and my friends pretending to be blind old ladies on a rollercoaster was the highlight of primary school years for me haha.
    Just linking our arms together and running around the playground with our eyes closed

Oh and the easter egg competitions, where you dress up your egg, i used to always win

ReputationRep:
    All the games, like people have said. Bulldog, postman's knock, tig, scarecrow tig, tig on the lines, kisschase, hopscotch, 'the statues game', 'let's pretend we're princesses/queens/superheros'. Own clothes day, toy day, literacy, science, PE (getting to use the apparatus). Linking arms and walking round the playground. Accidentally whacking my old teacher in the face with a skipping rope. All the skipping songs. Arguments that are just ten minutes of:
    'I know you are'
    'I know you are'
    'I know you are'
    'you lesbian'
    'no you're a lesbian'
    'you're gay'
    'I know you are'
    'I know you are'
    I'm getting you done'
    'OMMMMMMMM!'

Watching videos at the end of term. Saying 'awww' at the reception kids. Being on tray duty at lunch for the sake of a free cake at the end. Talking to the dinner ladies. Laughing at all the girls in the class that used to hold the male teacher's hand at lunch that everyone fancied, just loads of them in a row clinging onto him. Fighting with the other year 6 class to get to the benches on hymns. Whenever we had to go to church and all the girls would be marching across the playground all piously with their hands not so much joined as mashed together as hard as possible. 1 hour a week doing handwriting practice for the SATS. Trip to Water Park that was so much fun and the Saturday night disco where all the boys swaggered around trying to look tough miming along with 'It Wasn't Me'. Nice school reports. Ahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    :woo: I thought our school was the only one to play that.
    We played Bulldog a lot at our school too, in Hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?
    and
    TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR, WHAT YOU SAY IS WHAT YOU ARE
    best comebacks ever.
    Also I went to a very strict church school, and we knew nothing about sex, and then this boy went around asking everyone if they were a virgin and everyone thought he was talking about the virgin Mary so we were all like NOOOOO I'M NOT A VIRGIN

ReputationRep:
    -the haunted toilets if ou went alone the a lady with chains would come and get you ahaha
    -being amazed by computers and internet
    -in assembly where you put one hand on your knee and have you back so straight you are abaout to fall and one hand on the lips so i get picked to go out first

ReputationRep:
    Primary School was the best seven years of my life. Everyone says secondary school is...maybe for exams, grades...but for developing you as a person...primary school is the winner.

Some of my best memories are:
    - The Corner near the Year 6 Girls Coat Room...more specifically mine and my best friends corner. From Year 1 onwards it was forever our corner. And apparently our TA still calls it our corner.

- Our first trip away from the folks. 2 weeks away in boarding school. Most best experience I've ever had. Me and my best friend sharing a bunk. All 25 of us squeezing in a canoe...and then nearly drowning. Orange Simon. The talent show where we all food fought with orange simon. Sneaking around outside the boys dorms. Running around the halls in our PJs with water balloons.The sweeeettts...the sugar rush. Egg, Flour, Water fight...need I say more.

- The time I was on the news...and my best friend was doing s club seven moves in the background.

- Chasing the boys around the adventure playground when we were hyper off sploosh (cherryade, iron bru, coca cola, limeade, lemonade, sherbert and red food colouring...!)

- Making the most delicious cookies in existence...that looked like snot.

- Summer time...means THE FIELD!

- The log...this giant log that was meant to be a bench but never made it...so was just the log. The ultimate place...for forty forty in.

- When we got lost in the theme park...so instead of looking for the teachers...went on all the big rides.

- Swapping food...at lunch. Avoid at all cost school dinners...MASH POTATO WITH ICECREAM SCOOP.

- When my cat used to come into the playground...and we'd hide him from the dinner ladies.

-Actually hiding from the dinner ladies

- When it was my birthday and we were meant to go to bed...but ended up staying up all night and then all of us falling asleep at school

- Commendation Points...Oh yeah.

- Handwriting...what a doss lesson.

- I pretty much talked through every lesson...but didn't drop one single mark on any of my SATs...those were the days...

-Come to think of it...did I revise for those SATs...I really dont think I did.

- Our grease obsession

-Our scoobies obsession

-Our Harry Potter Obsession

- The whimpole...oh that was so fun

-Skipping Club, Netball Club, Horseriding, Ballet, Modern Dance, Trampolining, Brownies, Rainbows, Guides, Football, Girls Football, 5 a sides football, Junior football (man that's a lot of football...plus we played at break), Youth Club,

- Especially Youth Club...everyone loved friday.

- Assembly duty...Year 6...I felt such a big girl

- Year 6 in general...what a cracking year

-Knowing I had the best friend EVER who'd been my best friend for 9 years (14 now)

- Phone duty..."Hello Pupil speaking...Mrs Day isn't in at the moment how may I help you??" lmao

And possibly the best ever:

The very last day. How cliché hey. We all got along. We brought in sploosh. We sang crappy songs. We had seriously bad photos taken. We played ridiculously stupid games on the field. And we cried...boy did we cry.
    I remember one boy went to the toilet...a few people were crying...came back THE WHOLE SCHOOL WAS.

Those seriously were the days.

ReputationRep:
    Ah where to start... :moon:

Rushing to be one of the lucky few to sit on the "Flying carpet" when the teacher gathered us to sit at the front at the start of the day in primary 1; the same teacher who sometimes brought her guitar in and let us strum it; building a shop out of cardboard boxes in primary 2 and taking in toys to swap for the day at the shop; having two teachers in primary 2, one on Monday and Tuesday who scared the heck out of everyone and another who was so lovely for the rest of the week, and gave us all a sweet on our way out the door on Friday; getting to use trundle wheels, metre sticks and tape measures to measure the playground in the name of maths in Primary 3; our project on Egypt in Primary 5, where I wrapped up a Barbie with loo roll and said it was a mummy; being proud of getting into the choir or playing the recorder, or being picked to sing in the competition at the music festival, or getting to play a drum/ tamborine/ triangle/ xylophone at the Christmas concert; amazing PE lessons where you could play dodgeball or cat and mouse or when there was an obsticle course set up and you couldn't put your feet on the floor because it was a crocodile infested river; being extra swotty to get your work done faster than the people beside you so you could get to the toys or read your library book or draw in your busy book before them; creative writing lessons where you'd get a gold star if the teacher liked your work and read it to the class; going to the hall to watch Brum or the Singing Kettle or Come Outside, or to have "circle time"; the drama teacher who came in on Thursdays in primary 7 who was really pretty and made Thursday afternoons amazing fun, and let us make our own "adverts" with the video camera; getting to come into the classroom during lunchtime in primary 7 because we were all old and mature and grown up and could be trusted, and playing dx ball on the PCs or writing rude messages for the speaking programme to read out; being on the netball team and going to play against other schools; bringing your chairs out onto the grass and cheering for people you don't even know because they're Sarah's brother or Nick's sister on sports day; when Pokemon first came out and coming into school the next day discussing every episode in exact detail; playing marbles and trying to win other people's really cool ones; getting to sit down in the Victorian style classroom and writing on the slates with chalk and the headmaster picking someone to wear the dunce's hat; school photos when everyone would have to line up in height order and everyone arguing over who was the tallest; the smelly pen craze where you were the coolest kid in class if you had the newest ones; getting to use pen in joined up writing class and feeling really proud....

I could go on forever :p: *sigh* I loved my primary school

ReputationRep:
    I lived for 2 years in a paradise-like island, and when moved back in my grey dull city, I went to a school, where I was the new girl, etc. I used to tell my classmates about how it was to go to the beach every day after school and how I liked eating coconuts my dad would get in the garden, or tell them about the strange animals that I would see regularly.

My teacher absolutely hated me, calling me a liar and humilitating me in front of the class regularly, until one day she got really sick of my stories and decided to meet with my parents to talk about my "problem". I will always remember the way her face dropped when my parents confirmed that everything I was saying was true and that we did live there and did all that snorkelling, eating coconuts from the garden, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Being touched by the priest, getting beaten for only getting 99% in a test, by the TSR mods. shooting my parents for not letting me have a halo game.
    I miss school.

ReputationRep:
    There used to be some kid with anger issues in my class, the whole male population of the class used to have days when we'd taunt him just for the fun of it. One of the days he flipped out and started throwing chairs across the classroom and the teachers had to evacuate us all out of it and about 3/4 of them went in there to try and calm him down for about 10 minutes.

Ahhh Primary School, good innocent days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Memories of my second primary school consist of using the old BBC computer for games such as Granny's Garden and Geordie Racer. Oh, and Pogs and book club days (Redhouse Books sales).
    ooh, that reminds me of those history games we used to play on the computer. you were in victorian britain, and you followed this maid around and had to ask her questions to complete the game. I seem to be the only person who remember this!! is yours the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    best memory was when i dog got into school and everyone was like "DOG IN THE SCHOOL!!" and literally the whole playground was running after this dog :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Break time playing games such as polo and the ramp game, the Gordon Brown trip in year 5 and last but not least the year 6 play. I miss primary school days when life was carefree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.