Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    fightclub with brad pitt just came out. we setup our own syndicate and had fights every lunch when we got sent to head teachers office she was like "why have u 2 fallen out" "we made friends walking to your office it wont happen again" this happened for about 3 months non stop it was fun.

and they say media doesn't influence the young!

ReputationRep:
    the year 2 school disco, dancing to 'boom boom boom boom, i want ya in my room...' and thinking we were dead cool
    later, in year 6 at the school disco also feeling even cooler and dead old because we got to stay in the room while the year 5s got taken out while they played the 'sex on the beach' song, because they thought it was 'too explicit'

Playing 'bump cars' and getting winded..owchyy...

an escaped sheep in our field, and seeing the head teacher chase it round the playground... we were wetting ourselves laughing!!

funny times!

ReputationRep:
    We used to eat some potato things called "Smileys"! Awesome!

But I specifically remember the nice summers, where the blossoms would fall everywhere and you would get that nice pollen smell... ah.....

=]

ReputationRep:
    - Everyone that was out crowding around when hedgehogs were found in the shrubs on the edge of the field
    - Waving to anyone we knew through the fence
    - Hiking in Yorkshire and Derbyshire
    - Drawing pictures on the pavement with bits of scavenged chalk (and then having to wash it off with a scrubbing brush and soapy water :o:)
    - Making 'rose perfume'
    - Playing marriage with rings made of daisies
    - The yearly visit to the pantomime
    - Swimming classes (which mainly consisted of being poked with a metal bar by the instructor if you weren't doing well)
    - Conker championship!
    - Rolling down the mini-embankment on the field
    - Everyone out at playtime playing Bulldog, Tig or Stuck in the Mud
    - Singing Christmas carols in the playground and the old people's home
    - Making bird's nests from grass cuttings
    - When doing watersports in Year 5, having a really mean instructor that swore at me when I couldn't get the sails on my boat up, who then made fun of me when I started crying :rant:
    - Getting up at half 6 in the morning to watch the 2002 World Cup matches in the hall
    - A lad mooning one of the teachers when he had his Gameboy Colour took off of him
    - The Biff and Chip books, especially the ones with 'The Magic Key'
    - Everyone telling each other stories from Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    - Teachers making us do finger exercises - 'We must do our exercises, exer-, exer-, exercises'
    - Playing 'Sleeping Lion' - always done at the end of PE, where you'd lie on the hall floor (that was usually dirty ) pretending to be asleep, then the teacher would go around tapping everyone on the head. When you were tapped, you had to go as queitly as you could. Some kids thought it was funny to grab your ankles to make you fall over in front of everyone :/

I'll end up adding to this, so many memories :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty miserable in primary, well, most of it. Anyway, I really liked Art club and Clay club. Plus running around the yard when the boys were chasing us.

ReputationRep:
    Learning to spell vegetable on the BBC computer- veg-e-table
    I still spell it like that in my head
    Going to Ardroy in P6
    British Bulldog
    Someone fainting whilst doing reading and no one noticing lol
    Golden time ^^
    Milk break
    Plasticine
    I could go one for ages

Edit: Oh and in Nursery to entertain us they gave us paint brushes and tubs of water and let us 'paint' the wall and then by the time we'd finished it was dry and we got to do it all over again

Edit 2: Oh how could I foget HEADS DOWN, THUMBS UP!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Alies (Anyone remember that? Where boys would cross their thumbs and for girls their fingers as a from of protection) Nobody?

Playing games like Stuck In The Mud, British Bulldog & Ackie 1,2,3.

School dinners, singing songs in assembly and school year plays.

Wet playtime was awesome as well, would have to wait for the bell to ring 6 times and then we'd bring out the board games and couloring pencils.

ReputationRep:
    And you'll go out with joy, H- oh wait, it's still the first chorus. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Aahh... so much memories. :o:
    Christmas concerts
    School trips, when you'd be all exited and have sweets and yummy things in your packed lunch
    Playing 'olden times' and using shiny leaves off the trees as 'shxtings', instead of shillings. :')

ReputationRep:
    Making up dance routines at break times.

Being in school plays.

Playing kiss-chase.

ReputationRep:
    SO many things, but most have been mentioned already so I won't repeat anything. The only one I don't think I have seen mentioned yet is at our school we used to play conkers, which was amazingly fun at the time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    What kind of caveman school did you go to that had bats :eek3:
    Mine was the first day there, I spoke no English and this girl in my class liked me but I was dead shy. :o:
    sorry but where did you get your puppy thing from??! i spent about half an hour the other day solidly laughing at it, i love it and want to send it to my friend but not sure how!

ReputationRep:
    I used to love it when we had a supply teacher and the class clowns would take the piss - thoroughly entertaining, broke up the boredem nicely. Actually I have similarly fond memories from secondary school.

Also eating packed lunch in the school canteen.

Playing with insects in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    sorry but where did you get your puppy thing from??! i spent about half an hour the other day solidly laughing at it, i love it and want to send it to my friend but not sure how!
    Glad you liked it
    It's on http://i.imgur.com/RiIWl.gif

Save it off that or off my sig by right click - save image as...

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to think of something new that hasn't been said but all the great things have been mentioned

Oh seconds! Everyone chargin to get seconds at lunchtime, lol
    And when it was your birthday, YOU had to bring in the cake and treats

ReputationRep:
    tieing up dragonflies' tails together with a string
    thinking it would fly together
    then crying cos they all died

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Glad you liked it
    It's on http://i.imgur.com/RiIWl.gif

Save it off that or off my sig by right click - save image as...

thankyou very much! have a good week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    SO many things, but most have been mentioned already so I won't repeat anything. The only one I don't think I have seen mentioned yet is at our school we used to play conkers, which was amazingly fun at the time :yep:
    I mentioned it in my post near the start of this thread

ReputationRep:
    DO MI NO PEAR EAR EAR DO MI NO SAPPHIRE !

and shaking your thumb up and down to someone and going say stop and then putting it down and saying "not your friend!" *they get sad so you put thumb up* JUST JOKING !

I MISS PRIMARY!!! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    It is at my Primary school.
    :confused:
    Wow...is there a reason why?
    I only say it isnt because for my sports leaders award last year I had to go to local primary schools and 'encourage and engage children in play', and stuck in the mud was one of the main games we always played/were told to play with them...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.