Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably all the sex I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    Playing all the games which are now banned - British Bulldog, Red Rover, Stuck in the Mud....

Those were the days :yep:
    OMG, stuck in the mud, I had totally forgotten that til you said it lol :p: I can't remember quite what it is, how do you play again?? So long ago.... Yeah, Red Rover was rough. I was the little kid, they always went for me lol Whispering and staring over at me and you'd know what was coming!!!

The first memory that springs to mind was when I was in playschool, going out the back door and through the woods collecting conkers in buckets And we had a big huge red barrel full of footballs for breaktime! At primary school, hanging upside down from the goal posts in the yard. And the Xmas plays, which usually involved making fairy wings by bending hangers and covering them in tinfoil!

Also, everyone else re-enacting the last nights Friends episode in 6th class and me not knowing what it was about cos it was on at the same time as the news so my parents never let me watch it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardustfairy)
    the year 2 school disco, dancing to 'boom boom boom boom, i want ya in my room...' and thinking we were dead cool
    later, in year 6 at the school disco also feeling even cooler and dead old because we got to stay in the room while the year 5s got taken out while they played the 'sex on the beach' song, because they thought it was 'too explicit'
    Haha, we had an incident like this too. Sex on the Beach came on the radio while we were on the bus going on a school tour and the principal turned the radio off cos we all got excited at the dirty word :p: The whole bus was shouting it even when the radio was off and the principal was desperately trying to get everyone to stop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadiiiiia)
    HAUNTED GIRLS TOILET, WE HAD A GHOST IN OURS CALLED REBECCA and we were all too scared to go = more accidents on the carpet.
    We had a haunted girl's toilet too, where one of the locks would get stuck because the ghost wanted to kill you!!! :zomg: (Although I may have made that one up one lunchtime...)

Also wetplay! And sewing club! :woo:

Although I did have to go to mass on Wednesdays. What a waste of my life that was.

ReputationRep:
    Being voted house captain in year 6 of Milkyway. Our houses were milkyway, galaxy, mars and starburst - they'd never get away with calling them that now.

ReputationRep:
    That the whole class was friends
    we'd all play hide and seek touch together on the field when the weather was nice, good times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    Wow...is there a reason why?
    I only say it isnt because for my sports leaders award last year I had to go to local primary schools and 'encourage and engage children in play', and stuck in the mud was one of the main games we always played/were told to play with them...
    I think two kids ran into one another by accident and one of them cracked their head open. Actually, that's another Primary school memory of mine - watching the teachers wash blood off the playground. It was probably just banned at my primary. They got pretty tough on games you could and couldn't play just as I was leaving. They wouldn't let us do conkers either, but What's The Time Mr Wolf? was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    OMG, stuck in the mud, I had totally forgotten that til you said it lol :p: I can't remember quite what it is, how do you play again?? So long ago.... Yeah, Red Rover was rough. I was the little kid, they always went for me lol Whispering and staring over at me and you'd know what was coming!!!

The first memory that springs to mind was when I was in playschool, going out the back door and through the woods collecting conkers in buckets And we had a big huge red barrel full of footballs for breaktime! At primary school, hanging upside down from the goal posts in the yard. And the Xmas plays, which usually involved making fairy wings by bending hangers and covering them in tinfoil!

Also, everyone else re-enacting the last nights Friends episode in 6th class and me not knowing what it was about cos it was on at the same time as the news so my parents never let me watch it
    Stuck in the mud is where if you get tagged, you have to freeze and put your arms out, and when someone runs under your arms you can run about again.

Ugh, I hated the Christmas play costumes. All the angels had to be covered in an obscene amount of tinsel - which trust me, is really, really itchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    Playing all the games which are now banned - British Bulldog, Red Rover, Stuck in the Mud....

Those were the days :yep:
    stuck in the mud is banned?! no waaaaay!

ReputationRep:
    The excitement of being allowed on the grass when it was dry! That was probably just my school.. :sad:
    Apart from that, all of the above games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squareroot1764)
    Although I did have to go to mass on Wednesdays. What a waste of my life that was.
    Urgh, tell me about it. I went to school in the west of Ireland, basically run by the priests and we had to go to confessions once a semester. The priest came to the school. In secondary school too?! I mean being forced into confessions when you're 16/17 years old? That was ridiculous! (/rant lol) My RE teachers never liked me cos I was the only one who was stubborn about religion, I had no problems telling them it was BS lol

ReputationRep:
    Throwing a muddy, wet beanbag at least 30m across the playground, towards a girl in Y6 who was jumping over a skipping rope, to see it hit her in the face as she whilst in mid-air. She cried.

For a juvenile Y5 this was a major achievement for the males.

I was a hero. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Play center and custard and school made cake. I miss the food really.

ReputationRep:
    This kid wet himself in a lesson and the teacher was demanding to know who spilt the apple juice. It was the funniest thing. We still tease him about it, 12 years on.

Okay maybe not my absolute favourite memory but it springs most readily to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    The excitement of being allowed on the grass when it was dry! That was probably just my school.. :sad:
    Apart from that, all of the above games.
    No no, my second school was like that too - the start of summer heralded the start of rolling down the hill on our field

ReputationRep:
    -the time this girl in my class **** on the toilet floor n left it there

-n another time when she dropped her vest whilst changing n just stood there shaking her arms and screaming cuz she wasnt wearing anything on top lol fool.

-oh n this other girl from the year below did a number 2 in the swimming pool. she never lived it down

-this one time my mum hit me before i went to school so i went n reported her to my teacher who told social services haha

-there was this boy in the year below who used to wear red nail varnish n play with barbies. the whole school teased him..in a friendly way

-this one boy let off a stink bomb outside the headteachers office n it smelt like rotten eggs. eugh.

-omg when the dinner lady slipped n fell flat on her face haha

primary school was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Punching Phil on the playground and then running away.

ReputationRep:
    Putting sand in my sandwich, and trying to eat it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    Haha, we had an incident like this too. Sex on the Beach came on the radio while we were on the bus going on a school tour and the principal turned the radio off cos we all got excited at the dirty word :p: The whole bus was shouting it even when the radio was off and the principal was desperately trying to get everyone to stop!
    Haha those songs were the best heard when you were so young you had no idea what they were about.

I always remember at year 6 discos that 'Blue da de' song always played, and we all thought we were so cool dancing to it, drinking panda pops and eating space raiders.
    Ahh those were the days ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)
    Haha those songs were the best heard when you were so young you had no idea what they were about.

I always remember at year 6 discos that 'Blue da de' song always played, and we all thought we were so cool dancing to it, drinking panda pops and eating space raiders.
    Ahh those were the days ;D
    I think this is what you mean

Edit: :zomg: no way did that come out in 1998, I feel so old now...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.