Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    I think this is what you mean

Edit: :zomg: no way did that come out in 1998, I feel so old now...
    1998? Oh god, I feel positively ancient. 1998/99 was such a good school year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    1998? Oh god, I feel positively ancient. 1998/99 was such a good school year
    I know :moon:

Does anyone remember this? I remember everyone in our class singing it to annoy the teachers, though I'm ashamed to say I got my mum to buy me the album :sigh:

ReputationRep:

Does anyone remember this? I remember everyone in our class singing it to annoy the teachers, though I'm ashamed to say I got my mum to buy me the album :sigh:

lol yes, they were called the cartoon characters, or something along those lines- same time as aqua etc, i remember seeing them on Cbbc during the summer holidays...

ReputationRep:

Is it wrong that I know all the words to this? :eek:
    I remember them performing on Blue Peter

ReputationRep:
    A friend and I once tied a girl to the fence with her coat strings, then the end of lunch bell went and we retired inside, watching a dinnerlady take ten minutes to untie her in the rain. That was pretty good...

If it wasn't for this lone memory (and my friend remembers it too, so it's real), I would have no evidence I was even at primary school.

ReputationRep:
    I remember sitting beside my best friend who was sitting beside the prettiest girl in the class. She was wearing a skirt and had her legs crossed. I pointed at her skirt and he knew exactly what I meant and flicked her skirt up with his pen! She put her hand up to tell the teacher and we were crapping it. But when the teacher saw her she only asked to go to the toilet!

I also remember playing stuck inthe mud, what time is it mister wolf and all the fights there would over the football matches. We had to get the teacher involved in picking the teams, and we drew up a list of rules like no celebrating when the other team misses a goal!

ReputationRep:
    Aww i loved Primary, had one teacher tho who was a proper cow but the rest were nice.
    Best memory was in my last year at the 2002 world cup and we all got brought up to the hall to watch the Ireland matches and the teachers didnt even bother calming us down, they were going just as mad lol.

Aw i cant believe stuck in the mud is banned! my neice is only in primary two. she will so not get much fun outta it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pbowenroe)
    I remember sitting beside my best friend who was sitting beside the prettiest girl in the class. She was wearing a skirt and had her legs crossed. I pointed at her skirt and he knew exactly what I meant and flicked her skirt up with his pen! She put her hand up to tell the teacher and we were crapping it. But when the teacher saw her she only asked to go to the toilet!

I also remember playing stuck inthe mud, what time is it mister wolf and all the fights there would over the football matches. We had to get the teacher involved in picking the teams, and we drew up a list of rules like no celebrating when the other team misses a goal!

Playground football..serious buisness

I know the lads at my primary school had their own league with the other classes, and there was a HUGE fight between two teams as they both wanted to be ManU (was 1999, just won triple..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathrynx91)
    Best memory was in my last year at the 2002 world cup and we all got brought up to the hall to watch the Ireland matches and the teachers didnt even bother calming us down, they were going just as mad lol. !
    You were at primary school in 2002? I was in Year 12 in 2001-2002! :eek: Now that does make me feel old....

ReputationRep:
    Being captain of the winning sports team at school i won so many trophies.

Other than that, the time i won a massive jar of sweeties by guessing to within a digit how many were inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squareroot1764)
    We had a haunted girl's toilet too, where one of the locks would get stuck because the ghost wanted to kill you!!! :zomg: (Although I may have made that one up one lunchtime...)
    Haha it's funny how when you make something up all the other kids will believe you regardless of how stupid it sounds.

We had a story floating around about this zombie girl who would come out from behind this memorial plaque and if you walked past it 3 times she'd get you!

A few weeks ago I visited the school with my old primary school mates and we all went into the toilets and thought. . . .THIS IS SO CREEPY LET'S GO! I reckon Rebecca must have moved on though :-Þ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    You were at primary school in 2002? I was in Year 12 in 2001-2002! :eek: Now that does make me feel old....
    What are your favourite memories of infants school?

Mine would be:

- Singing songs such as 'Lord of the Dance', 'Thirty Days Hath September' and 'Pussy Willow' (don't laugh, it was completely innocent!) in assembly - happy days...

- The time it snowed heavily in the winter of 1990 and we were allowed to play in the snow at playtime - I remember throwing snowballs against the side of the assembly hall.

- School dinners

- Playing playground games such as French skipping ('England, Ireland, Scotland, France...') and hand-clapping games, often with you and Emma

- Story time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadiiiiia)
    Haha it's funny how when you make something up all the other kids will believe you regardless of how stupid it sounds.

We had a story floating around about this zombie girl who would come out from behind this memorial plaque and if you walked past it 3 times she'd get you!
    Before my sisters and I moved up from infants school to the juniors, our elder brother kindly told us that there were ghosts living in the cellar, but that the ones with red eyes were friendly. I think it was the green-eyed ones that were evil...

ReputationRep:
    - Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check. We all thought it was TORTURE, but now how I wish our only homework was to learn spellings and write them down 5x each...

- Learning Christmas hymns. Everyone would get really into We Three Kinds, and sing "Most highly flavoured graaaavy" to The Angel Gabriel. :p:

- The 'Secret Garden' which we were only allowed to so much as STEP on in the summer. And the little climbing frame in there that me and a friend used to try and take over from other kids by humming highly irritating songs.

- The weird chair-shaped tree at the edge of the playground, which everyone would run over to at the start of break. xD

- Me and my friend trying to play football, but in reality would be running to the ball randomly before legging it when it got kicked hard lol.

- Actually feeling PROUD when a teacher read my work out, and getting good comments from all my classmates... rather than feeling embarassed as hell and then get laughed at for being a 'bod' as in secondary school...

- One of our classmates was in an electric wheelchair, and people would of course hang onto the back of it. One day this started some huge long congo line behind him, which the dinner ladies banned because it was 'dangerous'. :eek3:

- Thinking I was a REBEL when I told a dinner lady that somebody was climbing a tree, tried to cover my laughter when she looked, and just fobbed her off when she then asked "Who was it? WHAT DID THEY LOOK LIKE?"

- Year 6 play - we did Oliver! - and during one song practice we were copying all the teachers' actions for our dance, then when he started flapping his hands around to signal to us to sing louder, we of course copied. And when he pretended to drop to the floor in frustration, we too copied that. :rolleyes:

- Last day of school... carving our initials into a tree, getting as many signatures as possible, and spending the last couple of hours in our classroom, where we BLUBBED like the world was ending.

Ahh, primary school was definitely the best time of my life. Now I'm in year 11 and leaving high school, I'm sure it won't be too long till I'm looking on my memories of this place in a similar light, but high school can never beat the carefree, silly, fun days of primary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    What are your favourite memories of infants school?

Mine would be:

- Singing songs such as 'Lord of the Dance', 'Thirty Days Hath September' and 'Pussy Willow' (don't laugh, it was completely innocent!) in assembly - happy days...

- The time it snowed heavily in the winter of 1990 and we were allowed to play in the snow at playtime - I remember throwing snowballs against the side of the assembly hall.

- School dinners

- Playing playground games such as French skipping ('England, Ireland, Scotland, France...') and hand-clapping games, often with you and Emma

- Story time
    Most of the ones you said, though I don't remember playing in the snow in 1990. I also liked it when we sang Christmas carols, and when in my class we had to draw a budgie someone had brought in. Someone looked over my shoulder and saw my picture, and started telling everyone how good it was, and within about a minute I had a queue of about 10 people lining up, all asking me to draw their pictures for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    Before my sisters and I moved up from infants school to the juniors, our elder brother kindly told us that there were ghosts living in the cellar, but that the ones with red eyes were friendly. I think it was the green-eyed ones that were evil...
    Haha! I like that! But tbh, ghost = RUNNN AWAAAAY!:eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    - Playing playground games such as French skipping ('England, Ireland, Scotland, France...')
    We had one with elastic and we sang

"ENGLAND, IRELAND, SCOTLAND, WALES, INSIDE, OUTSIDE, INSIDE ON."

:/ Or something like that, it was weird

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.