Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Seen in another forum).

FO graduate intake of 2009 at an unnamend BB. Oxford sliding down, Nottingham rocking... mere coincidence, probably.

LSE 15
    Cambridge 12
    Warwick 10
    Oxford 8
    Imperial 7
    Bristol 5
    UCL 5
    KCL 3
    Nottingham 3
    Cass 2
    Manchester 2
    RSM 2
    SSE 2
    St. Gallen 2
    WHU 1
    Bath 1
    Bocconi 1
    CBS 1
    Chicago 1
    Deusto 1
    Durham 1
    Edinburgh 1
    Exeter 1
    HEC Paris 1
    KU Leuven 1
    Northwestern 1
    Reading 1
    Simon Fraser 1
    Warsaw School of Economics 1

ReputationRep:
    Not going to name the BB I am working in but its fairly similar except more european business schools.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting how far the LSE has come in the last several years, with now almost double the entrants of Oxford. A great showing for Warwick as well.

I'm not too shocked at Nottingham, since it punches far above the weight the newspaper league tables would suggest it does. Most students will be straight As out of school, and Nottingham has always had a strong economics/business side to it. I think it's produced more Fortune 500 CEOs than any school besides Oxbridge actually.

ReputationRep:
    Quite different to my BB intake. Durham much higher up - same as Oxford, Cambridge lower.

Less places with 1 person too, more 'brand names' I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenyblue_eyes)
    Quite different to my BB intake. Durham much higher up - same as Oxford, Cambridge lower.

Less places with 1 person too, more 'brand names' I think.
    JPM blates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    JPM blates.
    Nope. JPM are taking at least 12 Durham interns though.

ReputationRep:
    JPM blates.
    5 UCL ...

I'm scratching my head, because it's certainly not JPM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BetterThanHeaven)
    5 UCL ...

I meant greenyblue_eyes' bank.

ReputationRep:
    5 UCL ...

I think he was referring to my BB which isn't the same one as the numbers posted.

I've just gone through and counted the numbers properly for FO analyst 2010 at mine. Only typed up the "big 6" plus Durham just for comparison. Probably worth noting that Durham isn't actually a target for this BB either, they don't have a campus manager or anything.

My memory was slightly off in earlier post.

Oxford 7
    Cambridge 4
    LSE 9
    UCL 7
    Imperial 5
    Durham 4
    Warwick 5

ReputationRep:
    I think he was referring to my BB which isn't the same one as the numbers posted.

I've just gone through and counted the numbers properly for FO analyst 2010 at mine. Only typed up the "big 6" plus Durham just for comparison. Probably worth noting that Durham isn't actually a target for this BB either, they don't have a campus manager or anything.

Oxford 7
    Cambridge 4
    LSE 9
    UCL 7
    Imperial 5
    Durham 4
    Warwick 5
    Citi. Win.

ReputationRep:
    Citi. Win.
    Meh. I met a couple of people from UC at Citi, didn't realise quite so many...

ReputationRep:
    So if someone does the undergrad at Oxford and the master at LSE, where does it add up?

ReputationRep:
    Citi. Win.
    A quick search through my post history would probably have revealed that . But yes, analyst class around 60/70 mark. The rest are European, while Bath and Bristol have one or two each.

All the numbers show is that actually you can get in from places considered "non-target" providing you put the work in. Number of people applying to IBs from LSE vs number of people from other unis too might give a similar ratio of applicants to offers.

ReputationRep:
    What's ETHZ reputation in London?

BTW, another proof that SSE and HSG >> Bocconi

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is a good uni with a top Econ department. I'm not suprised it has done well there. This is most definately UBS.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised Bath only has 1 but then again, it is a small sample size. I've met quite a few Bath investment bankers, the year in industry helps them quite a bit.

ReputationRep:

Oxford 7
    Cambridge 4
    LSE 9
    UCL 7
    Imperial 5
    Durham 4
    Warwick 5
    Citi are taking that many ppl in FO?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakezg)
    Citi are taking that many ppl in FO?!
    We're taking ~70+ in FO.
    At least 55 on the STR side.

ReputationRep:
    I believe LSE's numbers are pumped up by the increasing number of finance-related master courses that they have. It will be hard to see a new MSc Finance and Private Equity at Oxford anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    We're taking ~70+ in FO.
    At least 55 on the STR side.
    EDIT: Completely mis-interpreted what you were saying. Thought you were at Citi too for some reason.

55 is quite a large intake for this year I think in STR. Citi is roughly 30, and JPM aren't taking many at all as had a friend who interned there.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.