Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfitrion)
    I believe LSE's numbers are pumped up by the increasing number of finance-related master courses that they have. It will be hard to see a new MSc Finance and Private Equity at Oxford anytime soon.
    I don't think its a course specific thing. More to do with the sheer amount of alumni/careers events LSE has compared to other UK Universities. It's always got the most for quite a long time now. Searching for previous threads on here will tell you that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenyblue_eyes)
    55? That's not what the numbers for FO on the web-site are saying. Presumably there are some people who have chosen not to share their details.
    Website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BetterThanHeaven)
    Website?
    I've edited my post - website I was referring to was Citi's grad recruitment log-in. You can see everyone who is joining in 2010 FO if you have an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I've edited my post - website I was referring to was Citi's grad recruitment log-in. You can see everyone who is joining in 2010 FO if you have an offer.
    Never said I was Citi .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BetterThanHeaven)
    Never said I was Citi .
    Exactly. Shouldn't have stayed up to watch the Superbowl before a 9am. Brain is not functioning anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Shouldn't have got up for the 9am.
    That's better. The Super Bowl was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Citi is taking 40 intakes for S&T though some do not seem to share their contact details, ah well, sooner or later we'll know each other

ReputationRep:
    What's RSM & WHU, and how comes employers dont seem to like Exexter?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Shouldn't have stayed up to watch the Superbowl before a 9am. Brain is not functioning anymore.
    Quality game though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    . Rotterdam School of Management
    . Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Unternehmensführung-Otto Beisheim School of Management

ReputationRep:
    Just to set the record straight, Oxford is absolutely ***** for entering IB... a non-existent careers service, a university that designs EVERYTHING (degrees and extra-curricular life) so as to encourage you to study for a masters, then Phd, then the rest of your life, and rubbish networking events. It's not a surprise they have such poor figures, only 5 Oxford grad entries in my BB too this year. In fact, in my entire year I can only think of ~25 people will full time FO IB offers. Trust me, the number from Oxford will decline further and further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostrider88)
    Just to set the record straight, Oxford is absolutely ***** for entering IB... a non-existent careers service, a university that designs EVERYTHING (degrees and extra-curricular life) so as to encourage you to study for a masters, then Phd, then the rest of your life, and rubbish networking events. It's not a surprise they have such poor figures, only 5 Oxford grad entries in my BB too this year. In fact, in my entire year I can only think of ~25 people will full time FO IB offers. Trust me, the number from Oxford will decline further and further.
    lol

You have no idea how easy you've got it.

ReputationRep:
    I accept it's easier at application stage but if I were choosing between LSE and Oxford based solely on maximizing my chances of getting into FO IB, I would choose LSE 100 times out of 100.

I apologize if my original post came across as complacent.

ReputationRep:
    Main target unis for IB in the Netherlands and Germany (besides Mannheim)

Majority of them will work in their homecountry thats why their number is so small

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering about the absence of the Spanish business schools, mainly ESADE and IE. They are always at the top of the rankings but there are none here and I haven't really met any of their students at the various ACs I have attended.
    Do they not place as well as rankings would suggests or do their students stay in Spain/South America?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfitrion)
    I'm wondering about the absence of the Spanish business schools, mainly ESADE and IE. They are always at the top of the rankings but there are none here and I haven't really met any of their students at the various ACs I have attended.
    Do they not place as well as rankings would suggests or do their students stay in Spain/South America?
    They're mainly known for their MBAs aren't they?

Spain's undergraduate education is probably one of the worst in the EU, any Spanish kids wanting to work abroad would have chosen to study abroad too if they were smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    They're mainly known for their MBAs aren't they?

Spain's undergraduate education is probably one of the worst in the EU, any Spanish kids wanting to work abroad would have chosen to study abroad too if they were smart.
    They do have some highly priced masters in finance and related subjects, but yeah, I guess they are only worth attending for MBAs.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that this is EXTREMELY flawed by the usage from different unis on this forum?

The LSE/Cambridge forums are pretty busy: over 4500 threads on each; whereas Bath has about 1000 (including Bath Spa), Exeter about 1000, Warwick 2000 and Bristol 2000. (roughly)

It's a start but this league table is VERY flawed and I would advise students to avoid taking any real meaning from it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly what the yearly FO intake for MS is?

ReputationRep:
    any credit suisse IBD offers yet???

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.