Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wedding clothes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please help! I'm having a wedding outfit nightmare and I'd love your advice. The eldest sister of a close friend is getting married on Saturday. I have to travel down on Friday night and stay overnight so I need to have it sorted by Thursday, and I still don't know what i'm going to wear.
    Would it be really boring to wear a skirt suit? I have one which I bought last year but have only worn once. It's got a fitted jacket and short pencil skirt, and it's brown with a faint pinstripe. I'm not sure what top I'd wear with it though.
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muppetry)
    Please help! I'm having a wedding outfit nightmare and I'd love your advice. The eldest sister of a close friend is getting married on Saturday. I have to travel down on Friday night and stay overnight so I need to have it sorted by Thursday, and I still don't know what i'm going to wear.
    Would it be really boring to wear a skirt suit? I have one which I bought last year but have only worn once. It's got a fitted jacket and short pencil skirt, and it's brown with a faint pinstripe. I'm not sure what top I'd wear with it though.
    Any ideas?
    It would probably be better to wear a dress. Something like
    http://www.coast-stores.com/NICOLA-B...uct/2224667579
    or
    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...1941&langId=-1 With a black cardigan and black tights

would probably be better. Although if you can't afford something new, your suit with a lacy cream cami would be fine (it would look good with a cream corsage, e.g. http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/694156...sorizebrooches) and some pearls

xxx

ReputationRep:
    You could wear a kind of cream corset-style top with the skirt suit - that would look nice with heels and a nice hairstyle.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that's really helpful. What tights and shoes should I wear? I've got some sheer black tights, and some lovely 3" black heels. Would they be ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muppetry)
    Thank you, that's really helpful. What tights and shoes should I wear? I've got some sheer black tights, and some lovely 3" black heels. Would they be ok?
    Personally I hate mixing black and brown but some people do it all the time. Also sort of depends on what shade of brown the suit is... what did you wear it with last time?

Also the cream top idea sounds good, what colour's the pinstripe?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.