Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you think of any that wouldn't be too expensive to try? So far I can think of zorbing, hang gliding and go-karting. I want something with a real adrenaline boost. Thanks.

Downhill mountainbiking? Bungee jumping?

Depends what your definition of expensive is really.

I did a 150ft Abseil for charity, for which I had to raise a minimum of £100 after paying a £15 deposit.

I also did a 14,000ft tandem skydive for charity, for which I had to raise a minimum of £400 and paid a £50 deposit.

People always say 'oh you're just getting other people to pay for you to do stuff' but at the end of the day, a large proportion of the money still goes to the charity, and most people would only donate anyway, if you were actually doing something specific.

If I went round my friends and family and just asked them 'can you donate some money to this charity? cheers, nice one!' they would probably tell me where to go, but if you say 'I'm doing a skydive/abseil for this charity, will you sponsor me?' they're more inclined to do so.

You don't have to do it for charity though, you can just book a skydive or abseil yourself. I think the standard skydiving course is a few hundred though.

I did a Tall Ships Youth Trust voyage in 2008, they cost a few hundred depending on the voyage, and they teach you to sail a ship at sea. It's a really good experience and if you want to get the adrenaline going, you have the opportunity to climb the top mast of the ship:

I'm not sure if you would consider this adventurous but I'm running my first marathon in April and I imagine it's a pretty good feeling to cross that finish line with everyone cheering you on and stuff. Cost £26 to sign up although I'm guessing the fees will vary from event to event. I think there's a ballot on at the minute for the BUPA great runs. Obviously this will require alot of training and preparation though.

Me and a couple of mates climbed Mount Snowdon last year, all that cost us was the petrol money to Wales (£15) and a few quid for the parking fee.

Tbh that probably isn't very adventurous. It's just inferior movers like me who find skiing EXTREME.

I heard great things about danger *******. But I can't tell you anything.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.