Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been wondering, aside from a sizable time studying, reading and drinking, what do you guys spend your free time doing? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping, napping and snoozing.

ReputationRep:
    Bmxing, Thats what my day will consist off when I start uni

ReputationRep:
    Most of my time in Uni is spent studying in the library. Spare time? Take lunch for an hour, get a few frames of snooker once a week, play 6-a-side football once a week, go to the gym (not so much now I'm doing other things).

'Cos I stay at home, Uni is quite often just a 9-5 thing, I'm not involved with any societies or that. Might change that soon, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take Monday as an example, although every day varies obviosuly.

Wake up go to lecture at 9-10, come home and probably have a nap if i'm tired. Go back to uni for another lecture 1-3. Hang around at uni till 6, probably just in the library on facebook, get some food and then have football training 6-7:30. Come home, start drinking and then hit the town. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what kind of person you are, really - some people have loads of work and spend most of their time doing it, whilst others have less work and so can go out more. You generally just spend time with your friends, at their flats or wherever has cheap food/drinks. Nights out at clubs or down the pub are pretty common, too.

ReputationRep:
    I spend a lot of time watching stuff on 4OD and on the internet in general. Also just talking to my flatmates in the kitchen. That's basically it.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook, BBC iplayer and napping.
    Oh yeah...and hours of reading/research/essay writing..of course

ReputationRep:
    6.15-6.30 - wake up, shower
    6.30-7.00 - meditation
    7.00-8.30 - weight training [full-body, except tuesday and sunday when I don't do anything]
    8.45-9.15 - breakfast
    9.15-9.45 - bus
    10.00-13.00 - lectures
    13.00-13.30 - bus
    13.45-14.00 - lunch
    14.00-16.00 - reading
    18.00-18.30 - dinner
    19.00-20.00 - type up notes

Most days go something like that - some days are mostly lectures, others are mostly reading, Sunday is my only full day off but with how little reading I'm getting this term, I might give Saturday over as well. I find that life generally goes better if you run it like clockwork. I still find time to go do stuff though - usually I don't have enough reading to justify doing a full 2-hour stint, and any gaps you see are generally spent well.

ReputationRep:
    I'll describe yesterday (Sunday)

Woke up at around 12
    Made my flatmate and I a brilliant fry up, nomnomnom
    Watched 6 episodes of Lost
    Had supper - pasta and sauce
    Went on facebook til midnight
    Had a shower and actually got dressed
    Wondered round looking for something to do (by this point I was frustratingly bored)
    Went back on facebook with the realisation that everyone was a) asleep and b) boring
    Talked to random people on facebook chat, ended up having a 2 hour phone call with someone I'd never met
    3.30am I went to bed

ReputationRep:
    Up at 6.50 every day, out of bed at 7. Shower, shave, get dressed and pack for the day. Breakfast at 7.30 bang on, until quarter past, then bike to lectures for about half 8. Go through emails and print lecture slides for the day, then lectures at 9 (4 days a week!). I tend to only have an hour or two in breaks through the day, which I sit in the computing lab and work in, or go around helping people. Lectures until 5 most days, then bike home, dinner at half 5, get stuff ready for society that evening and then set off at 10 to 7 for the societies starting at 7, finish between 9 and 10pm and then straight to the SU bar for a few quiet drinks

Wednesdays, since we all have the afternoon off for sports, I either go running, for a long bike ride, get some more work done and pack for the weekends; usually play some snooker or tennis in the afternoon. I do a lot of stuff with the Students' Union as well, so I tend to have some form of meeting or discussion in the late morning/afternoon.

Weekends are all either spent mountaineering, climbing, on a course, or away visiting another city/event on the cheap Except for 2 weekends last term and 1 this term anyway.

Rest of the time is spent online tbh, on TSR/Facebook/Skype whilst doing some work.

ReputationRep:
    Scratching my arse, smoking **** and drinking Strongbow, mainly.

ReputationRep:
    meet mate at station
    go uni and write up lecture notes

when evreything is done we usually hang out for a bit (e.g. eat out,cinemas etc.), i seriously hate going home :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    I'll describe yesterday (Sunday)

Had a shower and actually got dressed

oh, you actually got dressed...

ReputationRep:
    Uni for me = drinking, smoking, eating, sleeping, internet-ing. With a few lectures/seminars thrown in here and there

ReputationRep:
    one or two lectures/seminars three days a week, then back to my shared house for food and general pissing about.

Or shopping trips into town after morning lectures. I think I have too much free time....

ReputationRep:
    You will spend about 10-15% of your waking uni life drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Alarm goes off, accidently turn it off instead of snooze.
    Wake up naturally, panic and rush around getting ready.
    Sit in a lecture thinking about how i wish id got up for breakfast.
    Go back to my flat, get some food.
    Watch tv with my flatmates for a bit or go into town with some mates.
    Go into my room to do work, sit on facebook.
    Lecture, again.
    Eat, again.
    Beer run.
    DRIIIINK.
    Hug the toilet bowl for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Well, today -
    for example

8:00am - wake up due to really inconsiderate flatmate clattering about in her room louder than neccerssary (I never hear the guy on the other side and my bed is against our shared wall)
    10:00am - wake up again, get up, shower and dressed etc
    10:45am - set of walking for first lecture, picking up a snack and a cup of coffee on the way
    10:55am - meet friends outside the main building
    11:00am - first lecture - Design and Visual Communication. The videos (vhs!) he wants to show us aren't working, so we talk about title sequences and typography, and he lets us go early
    11:45am - grab a coffee in the Atrium (cafe) and wait for next lecture - girl in our group thinks we've already started and rushes in and sits at the front.. of a group of third year fitness students.
    12:00pm - manage to be slightly late despite being stood pretty much outside the lecture theatre, so miss out on the good seats (at the back where you can read a book or have a snooze) so have to look like we're paying attention - Radio and Sound lecture, better than usual.
    12:55pm - all of my course friends head out to the Atrium again for some chips and something to drink - main weekly gossip session is called to order.
    2:00pm - third and final lecture of the day, Production Planning. All about working together as a team and who does what job. We're sat at the back so as soon as he says it'll all be on Blackboard (lifesaver) everybody switches off and reads/sleeps/writes notes to each other (you will find you regress to schoolchildren at this point)
    3:00pm - let out of lecture and walk into town with the four best course friends - one wants to go to the market (tip - if you have an indoor market close by, go there - fruit and veg are so cheap!), bum around town a bit.
    3:30pm - I leave the others and go to the other side of the river to the housing offices, we have to check over our housing contract for next year and make it all official.
    4:00pm - walk home and have a nap/shower/write up some notes/review lectures/watch TV/eat tea
    8:00pm - start pre-drinking and getting ready to go out
    9:30pm - meet some course people with the flatmates and walk across campus to the bar that isn't our local as we've heard there's a karaoke night on and it's entertaining. Meet some course people there and generally have a good time.
    2:00am - walk with one flatmate and another guy to the 24hour McDonalds. You get a free cheeseburger/McFlurry if you show a student card whilst buying a meal. Burger with a side of burger - yum.
    2:30am - almost get into a fight with some locals on the way home - they start on us (by pushing me into a fence and shouting abuse at the boys) and we have to run away pretty sharpish
    3:00am - get home, find that a girl I know on the floor below is trashed and bloodied and generally needs help, so hang out with her and her flatmates for a bit while she gets the crying out of her system.
    3:40am - quick smoke and back upstairs, check email/Facebook/TSR (write this..)
    4:00am - bed (I hope)

Aaaaand then up at 8:30 to do six hours of workshops for the same modules again tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherudim)
    I've been wondering, aside from a sizable time studying, reading and drinking, what do you guys spend your free time doing? :confused:
    not going to lectures, sleeping, eating, drinking, xbox, games, mates, union, working, napping, shagging.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.