4.23%
    Fun to be around or not
    60.56%

ReputationRep:
    Choose.

ReputationRep:
    Being penis-less is a great start.

ReputationRep:
    general niceness/friendlyness, respectable looks, intelligence (dosnt have to be of the acedemic kind!) sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    Someone with a talking monkey with which to converse. That is all.

Your poll misses out my point, please update.

ReputationRep:
    A pulse. These threads are *****, people just click.

ReputationRep:
    The chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forever_dreamer)
    The chemistry
    Someone on tsr always has to bring up science :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chap54)
    Someone on tsr always has to bring up science :p:
    Ha, I'm the least scientific person ever. ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blonde-beth)
    general niceness/friendlyness, respectable looks, intelligence (dosnt have to be of the acedemic kind!) sense of humour.
    This and if they can take away all your troubles just chatting to you. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    This and if they can take away all your troubles just chatting to you. :o:
    exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Having a certain level of standards. By which I mean, doesn't just try and cling on to the skirt belonging to the prettiest girl in the room. Doesn't hold on to a half-hearted relationship because they have the vague notion that they can do better or they have someone else they think they have waiting in the wings. The sort of intelligence which stems from being able to resist falling for every giggling girl they lay eyes on.

If I meet someone like that, they have my upmost respect and are very attractive to me.

ReputationRep:
    Tits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Having a certain level of standards. By which I mean, doesn't just try and cling on to the skirt belonging to the prettiest girl in the room. Doesn't hold on to a half-hearted relationship because they have the vague notion that they can do better or they have someone else they think they have waiting in the wings. The sort of intelligence which stems from being able to resist falling for every giggling girl they lay eyes on.

If I meet someone like that, they have my upmost respect and are very attractive to me.
    Do you need a step ladder to get down from this pedestal? :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chap54)
    Do you need a step ladder to get down from this pedestal? :rolleyes: :p:
    Honestly?

Yes. It's awfully wobbly here. Add to my list of requirements 'appears to have low self-esteem which is in reality a low level of esteem for others' and I'm sold. But really - I'm sick of seeing men trip over themselves as women twist them around their fingers. I want an equal, that's all.

EDIT:
    (Just as an example:

I know two men, and one very naturally flirty and forward woman. When she flirted with one of them, he laughed, blushed, and became very affectionate towards her. The other one was flirted with - being called "darling" and so on - but he didn't react to it, looked at her strangely and walked away from her. It's that kind of smart restraint I find attractive.)

ReputationRep:
    Satisfy me fully, sexually and intellectually.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly?

Yes. It's awfully wobbly here. Add to my list of requirements 'appears to have low self-esteem which is in reality a low level of esteem for others' and I'm sold. But really - I'm sick of seeing men trip over themselves as women twist them around their fingers. I want an equal, that's all.
    Oh well, why do you assume all women hold this power over men. I've had the odd girlfriend like the one you describe, any kind of manipulation and I find a firm '**** you *****' is in order

ReputationRep:
    I want an equal, that's all.
    I like that way of phrasing it.

I want someone who is my equal (=/= the same) in all ways - humour, self-confidence, attractivness etc :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Someone who is nice, sweet, caring, not neccessarily funny but someone who makes me laugh, and just someone whose company i enjoy.........

ReputationRep:
    Surely 'fun to be around' and 'sense of humour' are pretty much the same and just fall under personality.

Personality > face > body type > fashion sense.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a simple one to answer really....

For me -

Initially it's looks, but if the personality can't back it up, or just sucks in general, then I won't be sticking around for long!

So a good personality is most important, but as a red blooded male, looks are what the attraction is usually built on - Failure is upon those who settle for somebody they are not physically attracted to due to a good personality.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.